The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passenger airbag for pre-facelift

jackso11

There seems to be loads of posts of people taking their passenger airbag out, but can you put one in? My car is not a facelift, has a top glovebox, but I want to put a passenger airbag in if its possible.

Judging by the amount of people who want to get rid of theirs I am guessing there are a few that would be forsale if asked :)

Guest ImporT_ProphetZ

Im interested also. I dont like the extra weight I must carry around, wouldnt mind an air bag delete but dont like the guage pod that was made to go inside the air bag mounting spot either.

Im interested also. I dont like the extra weight I must carry around, wouldnt mind an air bag delete but dont like the guage pod that was made to go inside the air bag mounting spot either.

You want the oposite to me. I wan to put an airbag in, you want to get rid of it.

Taking it out is easy, disconnect the battery and remove the airbag and ecu from the centre console. The reconnect the battery. Done

What I want to know is can I fit the ECU and airbag and it will work in my car? or will I need anything else? Basically, can you fit an airbag in a prefacelift.

I purchased one for my non airbag supra, didnt wire up so i just removed the facia and fitted that, if you want an airbag you might have to get the wiring + sensors. If its an airbag model the connectors should be there ready and waititng to plug into.