The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT6 Engine Loom

heckler

It's finding one at all that's the problem! I have about six RB25 and RB26 Skyline looms here, and they can be bought for little money, but Supra TT looms seem a hard to come by commodity :( If I may though, your plan is very sound. In hindsight I wish I had just bitten the bullet and had a custom engine loom done for my Skyline, the modded stock one in it for the Motec is neat and tidy, but it has extraneous wires and stuff in it, and a few unused connectors poking out various places. When this engine goes in my new shell I think I'll just pay someone to do a proper bespoke engine bay loom while I get on with something I like and and am good at to make the money :)

It's finding one at all that's the problem! I have about six RB25 and RB26 Skyline looms here, and they can be bought for little money, but Supra TT looms seem a hard to come by commodity :( If I may though, your plan is very sound. In hindsight I wish I had just bitten the bullet and had a custom engine loom done for my Skyline, the modded stock one in it for the Motec is neat and tidy, but it has extraneous wires and stuff in it, and a few unused connectors poking out various places. When this engine goes in my new shell I think I'll just pay someone to do a proper bespoke engine bay loom while I get on with something I like and and am good at to make the money :)

Guess I could make my own... hmmm....

Why specifically a TT6 loom Si? As far as I'm aware they only have *less* plugs and wires than the auto one. There's nothing additional is there?

I have a TT auto engine loom spare and know of a few others that have them in the garage, never thought they were a difficult item to source...

As for price, I'd guess around £100 for any TT loom only because that's what I've seen them go for in the past on here.

Why specifically a TT6 loom Si? As far as I'm aware they only have *less* plugs and wires than the auto one. There's nothing additional is there?

I have a TT auto engine loom spare and know of a few others that have them in the garage, never thought they were a difficult item to source...

Really? didnt realise they were so similar... spare you say eh? :eyebrows:

I should have said Twin Turbo *MANUAL* looms seem hard to get. I guess they get sold as part of a conversion package for those that feel one of the world's nicest auto boxes is best replaced by some rubbery feeling manual with the shift quality of a vintage AEC truck ;) Slight exaggeration, and I know big power cars are best run as a manual as the reliable torque handling of the auto is quite limited, but the auto box is a beauty, the manual at best could be described as a bit agricultural :) This has just reminded me that I need to see how Ryan is getting on with his ECU work on auto models.

I should have said Twin Turbo *MANUAL* looms seem hard to get. I guess they get sold as part of a conversion package for those that feel one of the world's nicest auto boxes is best replaced by some rubbery feeling manual with the shift quality of a vintage AEC truck ;) Slight exaggeration, and I know big power cars are best run as a manual as the reliable torque handling of the auto is quite limited, but the auto box is a beauty, the manual at best could be described as a bit agricultural :) This has just reminded me that I need to see how Ryan is getting on with his ECU work on auto models.

Chris, do you know if the TT6 loom has *extra* plugs over the auto, I'd always thought the auto just had a few additional ones.

Ryan appears to have solved a few of the auto issues on the Syvecs/Solaris, he recently posted about having one running on it.

Had 5 PM's since the post earlier so seems there are a lot of folks after TT looms, regardless of manual/auto!!

Chris, do you know if the TT6 loom has *extra* plugs over the auto, I'd always thought the auto just had a few additional ones.

Ryan appears to have solved a few of the auto issues on the Syvecs/Solaris, he recently posted about having one running on it.

Had 5 PM's since the post earlier so seems there are a lot of folks after TT looms, regardless of manual/auto!!

if its going spare :innocent: can i have "dibs" ;)

I have to say I don't know, I try to avoid getting involved with altering looms and stuff as I don't like electronics :) I would also expect the auto loom to have more, not less stuff in it though.

They're certainly not common, I've been trying for more than 3 months to get one of either - no luck at all! It looks like modifying a 1JZ/Aristo loom may be the way to go..