The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thinking of selling me supra :(

mathew

full of mixed emotions here, damn car!

im currently doing about 400miles a week with work, and will continue to for a while to come, and it aint coming in cheap with the fuel.

i was gona buy a cheapo run about for work but after having a look through autotrader some other cars have kinda cropped up on the 'liking factor' that can be had for a little bit more money.

if i bought a cheap run about i know i wouldnt get use of the supra so thought it would make sense to sell the supra and buy a more economical car. still undecided but a quicksilver 1997 NA could be up for sale soon:(

Consider that if you are doing 400 miles a week, that is 1600 per month.

That is 20,000 per year, you will spend more on a car, but end up sky high-milaging it and making it worth less.

Id get a banger, and drive it to work, it will be cheap, slow and crappy.

But on fridays and weekends you will appreciate your supra more :)

Consider that if you are doing 400 miles a week, that is 1600 per month.

That is 20,000 per year, you will spend more on a car, but end up sky high-milaging it and making it worth less.

Id get a banger, and drive it to work, it will be cheap, slow and crappy.

But on fridays and weekends you will appreciate your supra more :)

Well said, Thats that sorted, can a mod lock this now and give Mathew a cuff round the ear for considering it. :)

You have to have a VERY thirsty car before running 2 cars is more "financially economical" IMHO

Purachse price + MOT + Tax + Insurance + Running Costs will normally outweigh any extra fuel cost

im currently spending £100 a week on petrol for the supra. if i can find something thats twice as economical mpg then il have an extra £50 a week spare which im hoping will cover the cost of running a second car. if it works out that im spending £100 a week on the second car and im breaking even, it wouldnt bother me much as the mileage is going on that car and not the supra.

I'd personally get a 2nd car to do all the running around in, i.e VW Golf.

As you would not be using the Supe as much you would then have less service intervals, less wear & tear (tyres etc). You can then put your Supra on a limited mile insurance of say 3,000 miles which should knock down your insurance too!

Do you have a budget in mind for the 2nd car?

As you would not be using the Supe as much you would then have less service intervals, less wear & tear (tyres etc). You can then put your Supra on a limited mile insurance of say 3,000 miles which should knock down your insurance too!

A Passat Tdi is a good choice too :thumbs:

50 to 60 mpg :)

:jester:

im currently spending £100 a week on petrol for the supra. if i can find something thats twice as economical mpg then il have an extra £50 a week spare which im hoping will cover the cost of running a second car. if it works out that im spending £100 a week on the second car and im breaking even, it wouldnt bother me much as the mileage is going on that car and not the supra.

What car are you looking at buying?

If it works out you're spending £100 a week on the new car how are you breaking even? EDIT I see you mean in total :)

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

i wouldnt be looking to spend much, £1000-£1500. ive seen a few high mileage german tanks around that price range that will, like has been said, return 50-60mpg.

i was considering going the tt transplant route with the supra aswell which then brought me onto the fact with everything added up i could just buy one car in the region of £8k-ish instead of having the supra and a second car.

like i said im completely undecided yet but i know no matter what i get il miss the supra.

i wouldnt be looking to spend much, £1000-£1500. ive seen a few high mileage german tanks around that price range that will, like has been said, return 50-60mpg.

i was considering going the tt transplant route with the supra aswell which then brought me onto the fact with everything added up i could just buy one car in the region of £8k-ish instead of having the supra and a second car.

like i said im completely undecided yet but i know no matter what i get il miss the supra.

If that is the case, would it worth selling the NA & getting a second car while you look for a TT?

If that is the case, would it worth selling the NA & getting a second car while you look for a TT?

no. im more than happy to have a tt engine put in mine as its excactly how i want it (looks wise) and have got a strange connection with this car