The mkiv Supra Owners Club

private plates, who has them??

Supra N_A

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a difference between a private plate and a personalised plate is there not?

Personalised plates are just standard plates that you get lucky with the numbers letters. An actual private plate doesn't have the standard prefix eg "A1"

yeaa i have had a look on google the dvla is the best as all the fees are with the price its pretty decent 250 quid all in

i am thinking

T88OUP

my surname is troup which people kno me by and born in 88

dunno i think thats pretty good cant think of anything else hmmmmm

I think there is a difference between a private plate and a personalised plate is there not?

Personalised plates are just standard plates that you get lucky with the numbers letters. An actual private plate doesn't have the standard prefix eg "A1"

Think personalised and private plates are the same thing, just whatever you or I wanna call it. Think the non 'A1' type plates are called dateless or something?

Personally, I have a plate, which is my initials and birth date, to me they are both personalised and private! It makes my piece of £$%! car unknown to its actual old age! :blink:

Think personalised and private plates are the same thing, just whatever you or I wanna call it. Think the non 'A1' type plates are called dateless or something?

Personally, I have a plate, which is my initials and birth date, to me they are both personalised and private! It makes my piece of £$%! car unknown to its actual old age! :blink:

Thats the ones I was thinking of "dateless". I always thought they were called private plates and the others were just personalised. You could be right though.

I have

SC02BOY

and

L 5OOP

Thats the ones I was thinking of "dateless". I always thought they were called private plates and the others were just personalised. You could be right though.

I have

SC02BOY

and

L 5OOP

Those dateless ones are dam expensive.. I tried getting one well, it was GGS 132 or the other way round. Contacted DVLA and they said one was registered and the other was never used... My thoughts were 'great, issue it to me'. To get a reply of 'not possible'. Basically they said i'd need to be waving hundreds of thousands their way :blink:

In the end they brought out the 'F' prefix and managed to get F13 GGS which was good enough for me as its my initials and my birthday is Feb 13th.. That was just shy of 1000 all in..

That scooby one is interesting, I do a scooby in work and his plate is SC02BEE!!

Those dateless ones are dam expensive.. I tried getting one well, it was GGS 132 or the other way round. Contacted DVLA and they said one was registered and the other was never used... My thoughts were 'great, issue it to me'. To get a reply of 'not possible'. Basically they said i'd need to be waving hundreds of thousands their way :blink:

In the end they brought out the 'F' prefix and managed to get F13 GGS which was good enough for me as its my initials and my birthday is Feb 13th.. That was just shy of 1000 all in..

That scooby one is interesting, I do a scooby in work and his plate is SC02BEE!!

It's scottyboy :p

Sco 2 boy

Not sure if it only works with a Scottish accent though ;)

Thats really expensive for that one i think.

whats every one got thinking of getting one just not sure. is the DVLA the only place to get them?

My wife and I are into our private plates - 4 in use, 3 on retention:rolleyes::blink:

Also, I don't want everyone to know that my Supra was made only a couple of years after the Model-T Ford was first developed;)

Thats all good but you need a 6 pack of death to really pull that off :p

I take it you saw my other post :p

I like the Irish plates as you have a combination of 3 letters & then numbers, you should have at look at them too. Best thing is on the Jap plates you can divide them so then you have the letters at the top and numbers below like I have done below without any issues with the law.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3406/pplate.jpg

I take it you saw my other post :p

I like the Irish plates as you have a combination of 3 letters & then numbers, you should have at look at them too. Best thing is on the Jap plates you can divide them so then you have the letters at the top and numbers below like I have done below without any issues with the law.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3406/pplate.jpg

Yeah I got a JEZ plate for my old Jag which is now on the Supra, funny as people who know me but not a lot often call me Jez now :D

Yeah I got a JEZ plate for my old Jag which is now on the Supra, funny as people who know me but not a lot often call me Jez now :D

I always call you Jay! Think you need to change your number plate! :D

Gotta love the Irish plates!