The mkiv Supra Owners Club

speed for sale jspec hybrids

jihwaan

Anyone used or is using the speed for sale jspec hybrids?

https://www.speedforsale.com/supraparts/speed-sale-gt28-style-hybrid-stock-twin-turbo-upgrade-p-635.html?osCsid=ht2uopo7jfgshobmef2ud78c35

What sort of power do you think these would be capable of achieving- I am guessing maybe 420-450bhp easily and possibly even pushing 480+ at 20+ psi?

Seriously looking at these as I would prefer to keep my TT setup and just use a piggyback with uprated pump/ injectors etc..

Plus I have a spare set of jspecs I could send away as the exchange turbo's... :)

opinons welcome and wanted!

I'm assuming you've looked at the prices for the S4S kit and a single turbo, and realised you'll get more hp for less cost with a small single - but want to stay with the sequential setup anyway?

If this is the case, most of the hybrids over here have been locally produced (and much MUCH cheaper than the S4S ones) and only very few seem to be rated well.

Sorry, I automatically thought that you were meaning the US/UK spec turbo hybrids upgrade, not the JDM blade/shaft replacement set.

The US/UK upgrade with the GT28 centres are the only one I would consider for the expense vs benefit. Plus there doesn't seem to be much hard data to support the JDM upgrade, unlike the GT28 upgrade.

I'm assuming you've looked at the prices for the S4S kit and a single turbo, and realised you'll get more hp for less cost with a small single

I'm going to have to disagree with that, a single setup will cost way more than these. These will run with no supporting mods.....a single can't.

Sorry, I automatically thought that you were meaning the US/UK spec turbo hybrids upgrade, not the JDM blade/shaft replacement set.

The US/UK upgrade with the GT28 centres are the only one I would consider for the expense vs benefit. Plus there doesn't seem to be much hard data to support the JDM upgrade, unlike the GT28 upgrade.

As far as i know the jdm one's have the same compressor wheel and they're only limiting factor with regards making the same power as the usdm one's was that they only had 270 degree bearings and so could only go to 20-21psi. Now they've found a supplier for 360degree bearings they can supposedly go to 27psi which they claim is almost as much as the usdm efforts.

Im guessing 450bhp with the 360 dgree bearings etc would be achievable but i dont know hence me asking the questions...

The yanks are quoting 550 out of the USDm ones but by the time you tank into account their generous dyno figures I reckon closer to the 450.. whic would be perfect for me.. :):)

I'm going to have to disagree with that, a single setup will cost way more than these. These will run with no supporting mods.....a single can't.

Yeah, I was looking at the more expensive UK/US turbo upgrade, which would be almost on a par with a basic single turbo.

But to say *any* turbo upgrade will run without supporting mods is very short-sighted - as this is a JDM upgrade, you'll need bigger injectors & fuel pump at the very least (assuming you have a turbo-back exhaust already), and probably ECU to run higher than 17 psi. Then there's cams or cam gears or water injection.

I'd guess around 450hp (flywheel) with fueling, ECU and cams.

Mine does 295 RWHP on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode (which is very conservative as far as dyno's go) with .9 bar boost with not really any mods other than the exhaust - which equates to about 380 FWHP doesnt it? surely these with an aftermarket ecu , injectors etc and pulling 1.5- 1.6 bar would make more than that eh? if not it is gonna be single for me..

I would have been thinking these would pull at least 380 RWHP or maybe a little more with correct tuning etc...

hmm... looks like I better keep pricing single setups then