The mkiv Supra Owners Club

first EVER Solaris fitted to a auto dyno results!!!! :D

L33

well the time has finally come and the end of this extremly long road has reached me!! 14 month build, endless problems, stupid amounts of money wasted and thrown away, endless questions and so forth.....

after having a AEM FIC fitted, mapped and dynoed, i personally wanted better results so Ryan G suggested his Solaris ECU would gain me a lot more power as it would give me the option of raising my rev limit to get more out of my mods which the AEM wasnt able to do, not to mention all the other functions of the Solaris to help me along my way! Only problem was the Solaris has NEVER been fitted to a auto supra before so this was a bit of a learning curve

Right now the good bit!!

with the AEM FIC i made 500 BHP fly at 1 bar

with the Solaris i made 618 BHP (495 wheels) and 525 lbs torque (420 wheels)

at 1.5 bar but thats with the injectors at almost full duty so in time they will be increased and more power gained :)

a few thanks......

I feel a massive thanks really has to go to Ryan G. He has helped me out endless amounts of times, always been available on the end of the phone, and so committed to what he does! compared to the other people involved with this car he actually wanted the best he could for me which as a customer made me feel i could trust his word! Even he experienced headakes and days trying to sort the mess out from previous peoples work, and i had a couple of calls today with him pulling his hair out :D so with out him this would never of happened and i would recommend him to any one!

also a thanks to Charlie at surry rolling road for his help and commitment to this car!

thanks to every one thats had to put up with post after post of questions and helping me out along the way to try and guide me through this

As you can see the results are a HUGE difference with the Solaris so auto boys if you want some serious power, Ryan is the man to talk to and the Solaris is the ECU for you

o and i had the Boost logic auto box if any one is wondering!

Going to pick her up saturday and going to be loving the drive home!

Im over the moon :D

so 1 bar 500 bhp and 1.5 bar 600 bhp you would have expected that really though right ?

Why was you not able to take the AEM to 1.5 bar ?

Glad your happy though :)

i dont know the full ins and outs i think they did try but where the auto box kept changing gear where the rev limit couldnt be raised it wasnt giving its full? and the cams wernt even kicking in! i have no idea i just hand the keys over! :D

Congrats.

Lets just hope the BL box lasts more than 1000 miles :)

well im not going to be giving it full every time i drive but its cooled to aid help!

Ryan did say it starts up perfect, great idle, drives so smoothly but then is a little bit crazy when on throttle :)

i dont know the full ins and outs i think they did try but where the auto box kept changing gear where the rev limit couldnt be raised it wasnt giving its full? and the cams wernt even kicking in! i have no idea i just hand the keys over! :D

the keys with a bundle of cash for a new ECU :)

Great to hear you are going to finally get it back on the road and happy

Wow that is some difference. Bet she will absolutely FLY now :D

As pointed out the difference will be the boost though ;)

i got pretty used to the 500 and thought it was getting slow? so im looking forward to this!

he did also say the r888s were starting to spin tho so there mayb even more with different tyres? still my target was 600, i bought a k600 CYA private plate so im satisfied! lol

So its your car he has been busy with lately! Nice results, Solaris is a dam good ecu for sure and Ryan certainly knows what he's doing with it, nice one.

yea sorry :innocent: hes had to put right other people mistakes!

and i forgot you paul, big thanks to you too for supplyin a large amount of parts, quick delivery and being on the phone to moan at when im in a pi$$ :D

Brilliant to hear such great news Lee....

I know its been a long hard slog for you, but we are all glad that you managed to achieve your end goal.

Many happy years of fun motoring here we come, my fingers are crossed for you.

Ryan certainly sounds like he has cracked it great work, all we now need is for him to sort out the auto tipronic boys on VVT-i ....................and everyones a winner.

so 1 bar 500 bhp and 1.5 bar 600 bhp you would have expected that really though right ?

Why was you not able to take the AEM to 1.5 bar ?

Glad your happy though :)

Good questions Dean

Ok with the AEMFIC installed you are limited on the rev cut by the stock ecu which kicks in at 6800rpm. Now Lee's engine at this point is still make power in a vertical direction so it was pointless to really turn the boost up without a fix for the Rev cut issue and that the gearbox changes at 6600rpm in the lower gears. As i have been looking deeply into all this and an alternative for the shift retard to reduce the torque on changes through the Syvecs i thought lee's car would be ideal to trial the S6 on it.

I offered lee a deal he couldn't refuse i have been working on it for the last 1 1/2 weeks.

Today i finally got all the components working great on the gearbox and now it revs round to 7500rpm in all gears.

At the same boost of 1bar we gained 27hp from just another 700rpm of revving.

So chuffed i have finally got a proper answer for the high power autos now as its been bugging me since working with the series 1 aem units.

Another good thing about using the syvecs for Lee now is he can go for bigger injectors and run more boost as well as having closed loop boost, knock control and traction control in the future when i have more time available to wire in etc. All piggybacks struggle really when you go past 650cc.

Get some drag slicks now Lee and i reckon it will run a 10 sec 1/4 easy!!

Please be careful in it!!