The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - Mirror wire colours

evinX

Hi there, im going to be fitting facelift fold in mirrors to my supra, figured out most of the wiring, red black and green in the pics are for the motor control, and the pink and orange are for the fold in motor.

Can anyone tell what the pink and orange are, LIVE or EARTH, cant figure it out

thanks, Kev

Untitled.jpg

Edited by evinX (see edit history)

No idea mate, are these the mirrors you are/were selling on the other thread?

Let me know how easy it is to do as im thinking of doing the same, cheers.

that pic is of supra forums, my mirrors are of the car and im trying to wire them in, 80% there so might end up keeping them, only problem is to find out now if facelifts and uks had ecu's for the mirrors, i know they have a internal relay but dnt know if thats what stops the motor from turning to far to burn it out...if i figure it out ill do a detailed sticky:)

Well, i wired them in today, and THEY WORK!! :D, only problem is my battery was dying so the mirros kept getting slower and slower on testing so when my primera is at home tomorrow (has the supras calcium battery) ill give them a proper go! so far so good.

Oh and ill be doing a tutorial for the fitting of fold in mirrors:)

i didnt test that bit, i was manually doing it

but on the test when i had a low battery they were folded in, i put ignition on and they folded out, so i guess it should work as its wired to ignition and not a constant feed of power:)

ill confirm this tomorrow, also working on the diagram tonight:)

Stock ones don't fold in or out automatically as far as I remember?

Nope, mine was a standard model supra, 1993 with manual fold in mirrors.

Got me a set of facelifts and the dash switch, stripped the mirrors down to see the wirirng points, compared to my supra wiring, and spent a few days on and off figuring them out with my dad. Made the loom, fitted it and BAM! they work:D so happy with this little project.

Nope, mine was a standard model supra, 1993 with manual fold in mirrors.

Got me a set of facelifts and the dash switch, stripped the mirrors down to see the wirirng points, compared to my supra wiring, and spent a few days on and off figuring them out with my dad. Made the loom, fitted it and BAM! they work:D so happy with this little project.

Sorry mate, you misunderstand. I mean stock facelift (What I have).

They certainly don't go in themselves, well mine don't. I can't recall them going out themselves on ignition on either so that might be a little tweak you have added yourself.

Sorry mate, you misunderstand. I mean stock facelift (What I have).

They certainly don't go in themselves, well mine don't. I can't recall them going out themselves on ignition on either so that might be a little tweak you have added yourself.

Sweet, that must mean they are wired to constant power from stock while mine power on when the ignition is turned on:D well we dont know for sure as i was rushing around when i had the low battery...ill keep you guys up to date...main thing is the wiring works.

BTW!! this dude on supraforums, suprememole or something wired some in, then tweeked them to fold in and out with his alarm:) i wont bother with that though.

Cheers,

Im an electrician by trade so i have already designed my own circuit to wire them in with a 3 way spring return toggle switch, but ovbiously if you could find out how to do them when i lock it that would be good.

Ah cool, my dad does electrics to, mostly computers, the standard supra switch has left and right, with a small block inside the unit with 2 solder joint on each side, one on the top one on the bottom, wich moves with the toggle, switch to the other side and it reverses the power, that touches to the part that the pins are connected to, lwhich has a small board with patterns on it hth

Kevin