The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy!

Guest Joey A

Guest Joey A

Hey guys

Thought I would introduce myself, I'm 20 and from aberdeenshire and love motorbikes!

I wasn't much of a car guy before but after getting a car at 16 im growing quite fond of them.

I always loved the supra when i was younger and looking at some insurance quotes I'm looking at getting one.

I have my eyes on this supra, and will be getting it soon hopefully.

What you lot think about it?

[url=]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-3-0-Litre-Twin-Turbo-Auto-UK-car_W0QQitemZ380225973642QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item58873bed8a#ht_1736wt_1167[/url]

Joey

Welcome aboard.

The silver UK looks nice enough, some potential for extra costs from things like the turbos and the intercooler and other bits that generally wear out on these cars but if all this checks out it seems reasonable enough.

You'll find similar cars often come up for more and less, each needs to be looked at in detail really before you can decide if it's worth the money. Chances are someone here will know this car and be able to tell you something about it soon.

Good luck with your search.

Guest Joey A

Cheers for the reply, Yeah i heard that theres a chance the turbos might need to replaced on a higher milage car. How much would I be looking at for this roughly?

Guest Joey A

Small question guys, regarding the exhaust system.

Whats the UK exhaust like for noise? Is it quite?

Also if it was quite what would be the best way to get a good noise without effecting the engine and making it over boost. I thought Just a cat back would be fine.

Cheers

Small question guys, regarding the exhaust system.

Whats the UK exhaust like for noise? Is it quite?

Also if it was quite what would be the best way to get a good noise without effecting the engine and making it over boost. I thought Just a cat back would be fine.

Cheers

It's so quiet that you can sneak up behind people and they don't know you are there when standard.

A UK won't over boost like a J-Spec would, just decat and an exhaust on or go cat back only and you shouldn't have to worry. The drop in backpressure may highlight issues with the turbo seals on some older cars though.

You're already starting to mod... it's inevitable... invest in one that someone else has already lost all that money on ;)

Guest Joey A

Quick update guys, that silver supra is a no go from me the salesman really put me off it saying it has blue smoke only at start up but it's fine. Giving loads of info on the car but in to much detail and really trying far to hard to get a sale and keeping going on about it being a 17 year old car so it's not perfect, and to top it off he wanted me to pay cash or check made out to him and not the two "dealers" it's adviertised at. Seemed abit fishy to me.

Oh well the search continues....

Quick update guys, that silver supra is a no go from me the salesman really put me off it saying it has blue smoke only at start up but it's fine. Giving loads of info on the car but in to much detail and really trying far to hard to get a sale and keeping going on about it being a 17 year old car so it's not perfect, and to top it off he wanted me to pay cash or check made out to him and not the two "dealers" it's adviertised at. Seemed abit fishy to me.

Oh well the search continues....

Welcome to the club Joey.

Here is a fantastic sample of a UK Spec which I would have brought if I didn't have mine already.

The search is over :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=2697943

Guest Joey A

Hey, that's supra is very nice but I wanted to buy a standard car rather than one which has already be modified, also I would need to sell my current car if I was buying private.

Guest Joey A

I know jamie but this guy was really doing a hard sell and wanted me to buy it asap as he has someone fro Germany wanting to get it.

I'm in Turriff drift bear but I stay in Aberdeen during the week most the time. Would be good to meet up with you lot and have a look at your cars, only seen one or two supra's in Aberdeen a tricked silver one on union street and there's a White one with black wheels which is sometimes parked near rosemount

I know jamie but this guy was really doing a hard sell and wanted me to buy it asap as he has someone fro Germany wanting to get it.

I'm in Turriff drift bear but I stay in Aberdeen during the week most the time. Would be good to meet up with you lot and have a look at your cars, only seen one or two supra's in Aberdeen a tricked silver one on union street and there's a White one with black wheels which is sometimes parked near rosemount

were trying to get a meet organised, keep checking the scotland events section for it. theres a member local to you, goes by the name of suprarider. give him a shout for a look around his.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joey A

The guy with the silver supra I was first interested in said to me he couldn't change on the price as its already low and he has another offer from someone in Germany.

Two weeks later and he has dropped the price by £600....