The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intake Manifold OFF ( What to do since I'm so deep in the engine)??

kubus1

Hi,

I'm fitting NOS Direct Port Kit so I took the intake manifold off for drilling. it will be polished and possibly chromed at the same time.

My question is, what needs doing or can be easily done since I m so deep in the engine.

I ll be doing the EGR block off mod.

Anything else??

Thanks

EGR was all I did, not much else really.

You could kit a oil filter relocation kit now, as access is very easy with that all off. Or perhaps get some of those 650cc injectors now as it would be easier.

BTW, ask the US guys why nobody runs D/P Nitrous on stock twins anymore. :eek:

It has been tried:

A. It pushes the limits of stock fuel setup, so potential lean condition.

B. The small internal wastegates can't deal with it, so you end up with well over 20psi at the same time.

Some of them run the risk with 75hp shot single foggers, while 50hp is considered safe with good fuel.

Those who have done D/P (ie min shot of 120hp usually 150hp) on stock twins have usually needed a shortblock shortly after. If even the US guys don't run it anymore, I wouldn't.

Anyway, kubus, your an SF member so look on there. :)

Thought so :) Not forgetting that the stock exhaust manifold simply isn't designed for and cannot flow over about 450bhp, even that's pushing it, so +150bhp when you are already at 350 will cause cylinder heat problems as the hot exhaust can't get out...

Running lean shouldn't be a problem if you have wet foggers and their own pump and fuel supply though.

-Ian