The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help 1st turbo

chazuk

I have been having a problem with low pressure on the 1st turbo the car feels horrible to drive and really hesitant only in first and most of second gear, I recently fitted a greedy fmic so thought id pressure check the intercooler and pipe work which I found I did have a small leak where a clamp needed to be tightened just that little bit more.

Anyways I am still only getting 0.48 peak on the first turbo in first gear, when the second one comes on the car still makes the correct 1.22bar. Any ideas? I have checked all the pipe work from the IACV it’s driving me mad.

Did you have no problems before the swap?

I'm sure I read something in a thread once about lack of boost on first turbo but bugger me if I can find it.

In the mean time, try an ECU reset by disconnecting battery for 30 seconds to see if it makes a difference.

No problems before so its since fitting the fmic , intresting I have had a look and can not find anything either but the old search button can be a right pain when it wants to be.

I did a ecu reset yesterday still the same

where abouts in W sussex are you chaz?

I realise you have checked all your IC pipes but i'd personally do it again and tighten them all just a bit more, and make sure all of the hard pipes are fully into the silicone sleeves :D

Hi mate, I am from Chichester how about you?. Cheers I spent the whole day yesterday checked all of the solenoid valves for resistance and air flow between correct ports when 12v applied, I rechecked the fmic and piping ;) , while testing the solenoid’s I tested the hoses buy applying 10psi though them off the car it was then I found the culprit split hose from the iacv it was so small that’s why I missed it the first time round only under pressure it opened up , I have a new problem now ,I went out in it last night 1.32bar on the standard turbo’s peak before the install of a fmic was just on 1.2.

Are you using a boost controller and restrictor ring?

No I took the ebc out I installed it to bypass the IACV as a test, its got a 1.2bar cw restrictor ring I guess I will need a 1 bar ring and up the last little bit by putting the ebc back in ?

• 2 years later...

This exactly describes the problems im having at the moment, EBC shows about 0.6 bar on the first turbo, but there isnt the small kick. If I plant the throttle there is not much boost from turbo 1, and the car feels liks its bogged down., until the 2nd turbo comes in as usual then we hit the full 1.2 bar and it pulls like a rocket. Checked all the IC hoses and clamps. recently replaced alot of the vac hoses, so will have a look at the original ones still on there.

Suppose it feels like its in TTC, like driving an NA 3l until 2nd turbo comes online.

Did the split hose comepletely solve the problem?