The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ABS warning light does not come on

kslb

The ABS warning light does not come on with the other warning lights on my dads NA. I have tested the bulb and that is fine and am now a bit stumped! Any ideas?

The ABS is working fine it is just the warning light on start up that does not come on.

Any help much appreciated.

Keith

Dry solder joins on the illumination unit Keith, very, very common.

Remove the unit and split it open to reveal the two curcuit boards, then retouch the joints between the two with a very hot soldering iron. Done it a dozen times now with older supra's :)

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here!

My car even failed the Dutch MOT (APK) because the ABS light doesn't work [ANGRY][/ANGRY]

Only thing, I have no idea where the light should be, and how I get to the bulb.

Does it have to be the most left light in the row with the lights when you're doors are open etc?

• 3 years later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread..

Was this problem ever solved?

I am trying to troubleshoot a car with the same issue (In addition the cruise control light is not coming on also).

ABS works, the warning light cluster works (swapped into my car), tried a working cluster in the problem car, not working also..

Looking for some advice on what to check...

Common problem it seems.

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/trac_off_mil_odo/index.html

There MUST be a dodgy connector pin / wire or broken track / faulty component on the board. Check it fully with a multimeter.

Thanks mate. I tried that already, I swapped the problem cluster into a working car, it works fine..

Swapped a good cluster into the problem car, no ABS light..