The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A sad story, could use some advice...

seba

Since 8 months I have been the very proud owner of my first Supra after looong consideration and many problems, people to convince that it was not childish because its a sportscar, dangerous because its a right hand drive in belgium or too expensive even for being a dreamcar (you know...parents,girlfriend,...:p) It is/was a N/A jspec, nothing fancy, just a Supra but a dream becoming reality to me.

IMG_0227-800.jpg

IMG_0225-800.jpg

IMG_0222-800.jpg

Now i've driven this car with joy, without problems, doing everything i had to do to get it imported(not cheap :blink:) till that very night i got a little bit bored(about 2 weeks ago) and decided to take my supra out for a ride. The streets where still wet from the rain so i think you can guess what happend next.:(

IMG_0550-800.jpg

I had just bought the headlights 1 week before (700€) that really hurts a lot.

IMG_0560-800.jpg

Now I had this plan to buy another Supra,a cheaper one,so i could use the parts to repair my supra. Preferably one of the same colour so maybe with some luck i wouldn't need to do the respray after changing bumper and everything else. So I did!!:cool: Last night at 3AM i got home in belgium after a veeery long day drive, I went to northampton and bought the Supra from another clubmember. Now this Supra was ..dirty?...no, more than just dirty, it looked horrible.:blink: But ok i didnt expect much of it for the price so i didnt really care i just wanted to get my precious Supra fixed using parts from this one. Next picture was this morning arriving at my old supra asking the guy from the bodyshop what my options are and if it will need a respray after changing the parts.

IMG_0552-800.jpg

Offcourse as i expected his answer was"wash the car first then come back":blink: So i drove home (feeling bad again seeing my supra just waiting for the rust to make a meal out of it). Getting home i parked the car in the garden, got my cleaning material and a lot of water and started doing just that what i loved to do with my own supra, cleaning it. But not before taking some pictures, i could even write in the dirt and read it clearly from a 10 meter distance:D . I'm pretty sure some of you know the previous owner but i won't mension his name, friendly guy.

IMG_0562-800.jpg

IMG_0563-800.jpg

Seeing next picture some people will recognize car i think:D

IMG_0567-800.jpg

Now as I was cleaning it, something happened, like a transformation. Beneath the dirt and many scratches(it has a lot) was actually a car that just needs some attention. I started to see the potential it had and it even started to shine after a while, not perfect, but when i finished i was looking at a beautifull,in its original form, somewhat personalized Supra(still with many scratches tough)

IMG_0572-800.jpg

So that got me thinking...and got me confused...happens when i think. What to do,...spend money repairing my old car, my first love, or sell it and with the little money i get for it make this one a beauty. Its more of a moral question actually...what would you guys do? Or any other solutions?

@ rob boi No thx mate i am not into red supra's:p But a black one would be nice.

And yes they are identical both manual 5 speed N/A The new one having done 54000 km (but if thats the true mileage...no one knows :rolleyes:) and the broken one 90000km

Shame about the old one, but i would just keep the new one.

The old one has been crashed and will probably never feel the same if you repaired it, plus you will get a fair bit back for the old one, im sure stuff like the gearbox will sell for a fair bit.

Guest van_damme_supra
Shame about the old one, but i would just keep the new one.

The old one has been crashed and will probably never feel the same if you repaired it, plus you will get a fair bit back for the old one, im sure stuff like the gearbox will sell for a fair bit.

like he says, the car will never be the same so i'd keep the new one and swap the parts you like. sell the old one and spend it on the new one :)

mmm just took another look at my broken supra and the idea of somehow repairing it just wont leave my stubborn head. So i'm posting some pictures to see if some of you with some more technical insights have an idea of the damage. For information the engine did not stop running when i had the accident it just kept going as if nothing happened. And i could put the car in reverse and forward to park it at the side of the road out of harms way(enough harm was allready done :(). the passenger front wheel is not standing straight as you can obviously see but it turns normal steering is not an issue. I've not yet had a look at the car from below i think axis is fine maybe just the wishbone or whats that thing called in english?And what does one cost? The engine starts without problems as before. The garage where its at now says they re able to repair the door and back flank. They only need me to provide them a bonnet, passenger front wing and bumper(and sideskirts if so) If anyone sees something im missing let me know, not that its easy trough pictures but one never knows.

IMG_0554-800.jpg

IMG_0555-800.jpg

IMG_0557-800.jpg

IMG_0558-800.jpg

IMG_0561-800.jpg

I will need a new washer fluid holder as i think it got totalled :)

Doesn't look like too much damage, apart from that wheel, why would it be sitting like that?

I'd keep the new one as well though, forget your memories and make some new ones, if you can borrow some cash to buy the wing/bonnet/bumper/lights etc then repair the old one and sell it on for a profit.

Just drove my battered baby home, just drove it as it is with the twisted wheel and no license plates :D It was exactly a 5 mile drive and the car did great, no weird noises from the engine and at idle it didnt make any funny rpm jumps. Still wondering what the wheel issue is, as i cant take the wheel of because it has this antitheft bolt on it from wich i never received the matching wrench to unscrew it:blink: anyone any ideas what the problem could be with the wheel and how much it would cost? As that is my number 1 concern at the moment.

Looks like a fairly easy repair unless you have broken any suspension parts?

Personally I'd stick everything from the crashed one on to the new one. It would be easier to do, plus if the mileage is lower it should be generally in a better condition.

Looks like a fairly easy repair unless you have broken any suspension parts?

Personally I'd stick everything from the crashed one on to the new one. It would be easier to do, plus if the mileage is lower it should be generally in a better condition.

yea the mileage shown is lower then my old car but seriously 54000km...is that even possible for a car from 94?