The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid fuel consumption

Seb

Just been playing around with some figures, and something seems amiss. Basically, the most I've got out of a tank is, lets say optimistically 300 miles. Now, with a 20 gallon tank, or thereabouts, that works out at 15mpg. Please tell me my sums are out... Fair play the lowest setting on my boost controller is 0.6/1bar, and I have a full decat, but it still seems at least 5mpg out. I don't mind, I'm quite happy pouring money into the Soop, but it seems like maybe I'm running rich or something. Any ideas?

Seb

80 litres is 17.6 gallons - not 20.

Also, you work out fuel economy by filling all the way up and resetting the trip counter, driving around until you need to fill up, filling all the way up again , and dividing the mileage covered by the amount of petrol put in on the 2nd fill up.

For comparison I once put 75 litres into my UK...

I work out my MPG by the method Keith mentioned. I used to get fractionally over 20MPG before decatting and slightly less now.

A full tank of *gasp* 89p/Litre Optimax costs £57ish and keeps me going for 260 to 280 miles of mainly motorway use. Non-motorway use is MUCH worse, I reckon I average about 10MPG around town at weekends :eek:

In the two years i have owned my Supe I seriously have never worked mine out, i dont think i dare! I imagine i only get 20 mpg at best. I guess high twentys can be achieved on motorways. I mean how can you stay off the boost, it practically eggs you to nail it everywhere :innocent:

I usually get about 21-22mpg on my daily drive. Its a mix of town driving and fairly clear A roads. Not too bad. On a motor way run I can push that upto 27ish!!! Thats driving at 70-75mph...

Before I had the decat I used to do a fair amount of motorway miles, and whilst it was bloody boring, I used to do alot at 60-65mph. Then I could push the economy upto 32-33mpg.

Those were the days :p