The mkiv Supra Owners Club

door speakers. which ones are the best??

Supra N_A

i have had a search around about the front door speakers as i am wanting to upgrade them as mine are crap. i have seen that there was a group buy on buying the brackets to support the new speakers now what are the best speakers to get?? budget of around £150 just the front two?

also what size? if just getting the same size as the stock fronts what are good also?

Best is subjective, some people prefer a tinny sound others not. I do agree however that without amp'ing the fronts there is little point in spending any money at all.

I have infinity fronts (not even components) and am happy with them.

talkaudio.co.uk and avforums is a good resource for ice.

imi

If you have £150 max, maybe you should look at spending £75 for an amp and installation, and £75 for speakers. You could get some decent stuff secondhand. As others have said, http://www.talkaudio.co.uk is a brilliant site for all car audio advice

Look at Alpine or Pioneer for amps, and Rainbow, Genesis, DLS, Focal, Infinity for speakers (think you could find secondhand for that sorta money). Of course there are plenty of other good brands

It'd be best to get components if you can as you'll get a better soundstage

There are some Bose units that fit the Supra front housings perfectly without modding anything, the 3 holes line up perfectly. That's what I have in mine and imo sound second to none. I salvaged them from a pair of Bose cabs, but if you have that sort of budget I am sure you could find similar and do the same.