The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra j-spec 480BHP???

ray007

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270565516002&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

hi all, wana have a laugh? check this supra on ebay which allegedly is running 480bhp on the wheels which stock j-spec turbos, hks decat and 750cc injectors?

i questioned this guy and said no-way you can get more than around 430-450bhp on a jap spec no matter what modifications u do!!

He replied its how he got the car and i'm WRONG and all the forums have got it wrong also?? I advised him i've had four jap-spec supra's modified and obviously know a little more than he does and wished him good luck with the sale :)

you wouldnt get 480 to the wheels even on hybrids.

or 450 to the wheels on stock turbos. 450 at the fly if your VERY lucky, have a iffy dyno and are running an ecu mapped properly :p.

Generaly with a jspec car i think if your hitting 400ish at the fly your doing very well.

you wouldnt get 480 to the wheels even on hybrids.

or 450 to the wheels on stock turbos. 450 at the fly if your VERY lucky, have a iffy dyno and are running an ecu mapped properly :p.

Generaly with a jspec car i think if your hitting 400ish at the fly your doing very well.

....Waits for the BHP warriors to come online

This made me laugh.

to add i have had a number of emails stating i cant get the said 480bhp out of this car this is what i was told with a print out to prove it when i brought the car so i am not sure again on reading forums i have seen it said that people have got over 500bhp for these im not sure on what turbos are fitted but i know its a very very fast car and thescars and this being an import it being 326bhp as standard i cant see the trouble getting the power from a 3.0lt straight 6 twin turbo engine as i had 472 out of my evo 2.0lt engine with evo 9 turbo and apexi fc power commander but again im not a mechanic

What utter tripe, clueless if every regard.

Tenttu, you've also appeared not to have grasped what BPU is about from what you've stated (maybe you know more but were summerising). AFR readings over range, load and AIT's are what matters, not just one single measure as that is completely pointless.

The figure you've stated is bang on the money though, when running the stock jspec system with no ECU mods. The injectors are not really a limitation, it's a miriad of other factors.

Tenttu,

The injectors are not really a limitation

Huh?

I got 433hp and 620nm fwhp on my JDM spec mkiv. AFR is 12.03 WOT so i think its pretty much as high as it gets with the stock injectors.
It's higher than it gets. The stock injectors are not mathematically capable of flowing enough fuel to make more than 410bhp.

(Unless you're running a higher than stock fuel pressure which effectively make than larger than 440cc)

What utter tripe, clueless if every regard.

Tenttu, you've also appeared not to have grasped what BPU is about from what you've stated (maybe you know more but were summerising). AFR readings over range, load and AIT's are what matters, not just one single measure as that is completely pointless.

The figure you've stated is bang on the money though, when running the stock jspec system with no ECU mods. The injectors are not really a limitation, it's a miriad of other factors.

Ok ok, but my point is that 480 is BS.