The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-limiter Issue Question (cut out)

Supra_Sean

Ok, here is the problem/Issue ?

I have took my car to 130mph (sat-nav speed) a few times.

I went upto 130mph on the way back from Prague today no probs then about an hour later an English plate Focus come right up my arse so i thought he wanted to play, I give it some and was pulling away from him when when all of a suddon the car sorta lost power at about 110mph (wasnt looking) and the throttle went abit stiff, No warning lights, Temp all good, So could this just be a cheap De-limiter that didnt send the singal to let me go over 112mph ?

I slowed down after it happened cause i thought i blew the engine but it was fine all the way back after that, Got back had a look under the bonnet and all looks good to me.

Any ideas ?

Also while i have a topic open whats the MPG for 750 miles + 120L = ?

I know that the limiter really hits you hard when you hit it. From taking my N/A upto 112mph before i had it de-limited, when you get there it throws you forwards in your seat lol. So from what your describing i wouldnt say it was the limiter.

Well yeah if it was a sharp stop then it will of been the limiter, but when you said "sorta lost power" i thought you meant it just slowed down kind of lol.

I bought my car with the delimiter not actually wired into the ECU and for some reason it DID delimit the car sometimes, and for other times it limited it, was kind of scary not knowing wether to expect the sharp stop or not.

Well yeah if it was a sharp stop then it will of been the limiter, but when you said "sorta lost power" i thought you meant it just slowed down kind of lol.

I bought my car with the delimiter not actually wired into the ECU and for some reason it DID delimit the car sometimes, and for other times it limited it, was kind of scary not knowing wether to expect the sharp stop or not.

Yeah sorry i kinda described it wrong, It was still running etc etc just the sharp blip lol, Just wanted to find out if it was anythink to worry about or not, Have to test it this week and see what happenes :blink:

Ok no probs. I would firstly check if the delimiter is actually wired into the ECU by pulling the passenger footwel carpet back, taking the ECU plastic cover off, and looking for a single wire going into the ECU. If it has been connected it could just have a loose connection hence you having intermittent delimitering.

Ok no probs. I would firstly check if the delimiter is actually wired into the ECU by pulling the passenger footwel carpet back, taking the ECU plastic cover off, and looking for a single wire going into the ECU. If it has been connected it could just have a loose connection hence you having intermittent delimitering.

Ok thanks for the tip, I shall have a look next weekend for the wire into the ECU and see what the score is :)

120 litres = 26.42 Gallons

750miles divided by 26.42 Gallons is.... 28.37 MPG

Cheers mate i can never work it out, Not too bad then