The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trd Thermostat pics

Marty

So, my 'supposed' trd has failed after less than 3k miles of being installed. I've taken it out, tested it, and it is defo dead.

Which suprises me considering these are meant to be the b*llocks.

Does anyone have any detailed pics of what a trd thermostat looks like so i can confirm i've actually got what i paid for

Ive just taken mine out of my engine for you and took a couple of pics. Nowhere on it at all says TRD. it does 71.5 on it which I would imagine are the degrees before it opens. Anyway heres a few pics for you. Hope this helps you out.

mate, that is great, i really appreciate the effort you've gone to to get me the pics :thumbs: Thank you :)

Mine looks very similar to be honest, except it has 05 5 written on it.

Looks like i've just had a bit of a faulty one then maybe, bit of a bugger.

Think i will replace it for a standard one, is there really any benefit to having a trd one?