The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help-newbie in need

Bailey.

Being my first post I want to say hi, after having almost every jap car under the son it may of come the turn of the daddy, but I have a few issues, first off is the weight and size, the biggest car I've had is a r32 gtr, now oviously smaller, and 100kgs lighter! Is this an issue on the road. Another is what to go for? Bpu++ or single! The car is a weekend/ summer toy, doing approx 50 miles a week! Another problem is I've never experienced driving a supra, i had a blitz kkk k27 powered rx7 which was 410 hp, and even off of power is was shocking through the twists, but still very nimble! Howdoes this compare to a supra? At the moment I have 10k to spend and I realise i will haveto have more money if I wanted a single turbz supra! Any comments please! Very keen to make decision as the weather is just toonice to be drivin a van!!!

A BPU supra is a quick car it depends what power you are after.

BPU is fine for some people but like myself it wasn't enough and I'm now going single.

I would speak to Jurgen of JM Imports with 10k he should be able to find you a nice example.

Hi Bailey, where in Devon are you,

as for the Supe, it's a totally different kind of car to the RX7.

The Supe isn't the greatest handling car in the world, but things can be done to improve it.

As for type, a BPU will give you the reliability and a single may require some knowledge and maintance.

We have a good selection in the South West, with Lee, Fearless and StuartW all having good Singles and Wile BPU and soon a Supercharged one as well (see Barneybrendan's build thread).

If you ask nicely and travel around a bit, I am sure a couple of these guys will give you a ride, just dont bother asking to drive;)