The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soon to be Supra Owner

Guest BHP>MPG

Guest BHP>MPG

Hi guys.

I've been slutting it around on a Fiesta club site. I had big plans of buying a Fiesta, turboing a 2ltr engine into one, blah blah blah

Until I found out insuring a Supra is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be

I've decided against the hard work of doing an engine conversion to only squeeze about 220bhp from a Fiesta, and have decided to go for the Supra for standard big boy power.

This is just me saying hello, I shouldn't be too nooby being from another forum. Hope to be posting pictures up in the next few months.

Cheers

Hello & Welcome TTC.

Wouldn't think a 220BHP Fiesta would be too much of a slouch! Power to weight ratio that is pretty good.

Do you have a rough idea of what Supra you are after? And a budget in mind.

Loads of information for you to read up on this site to understand more about the MKIV Supra :)

Guest BHP>MPG

Considering I'd like to keep the car for a while, it seems logical to get the TT.

I had a little read up about the different types of Supras.

I'd like a TT Manual.....but I'd also like a convertible but they are only imports aren't they?

Trouble is finding a Manual AND a turbo. Hard to come by off this website, I will check the classifieds out here soon.

Budget I'm not too sure on, but nothing more than £8k I'm thinking.

I'd like a TT Manual.....but I'd also like a convertible but they are only imports aren't they?

Trouble is finding a Manual AND a turbo. Hard to come by off this website, I will check the classifieds out here soon.

Budget I'm not too sure on, but nothing more than £8k I'm thinking.

Aerotop's are auto only (unless someone's done a conversion) AFAIK. No reason why not to get an import BTW.

//edit: There's a good model differences chart here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59334

TT6's do come around quite often, just not as often as TT autos.

Guest BHP>MPG
How about something like this to start with. :D

Don't like red :p

Aerotop's are auto only (unless someone's done a conversion) AFAIK. No reason why not to get an import BTW.

//edit: There's a good model differences chart here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59334

TT6's do come around quite often, just not as often as TT autos.

Is there not an issue when it comes to insurance though for import cars? Would it be similar premium prices as insuring a UKTT?

I checked that differences chart out, some good work put into it

Guest BHP>MPG
Imports are generally a bit more expensive to insure than UKs. You'll probably find the Jap TT very similar to the NA to insure. Only way is to get some quotes though.

Yeah quotes are the only way to get a decent idea. I won't be so quick to turn my nose up at an import...after all the convertibles do look very tasty. Do you need to pull the roof back yourself on them?

And also is the difference in speed that noticeable between an automatic and a manual? Isn't the 0-60 difference over a second?

Guest BHP>MPG

Na it's definitely on a supra. The quote I got which got me interested in Supra's was using an actual registration.....so not much room for error is there?

Guest BHP>MPG

Really? Okay then I will double double check everything before actually purchasing one. But I'm pretty sure everything looked in place when getting a quote.