The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lost my keys & Alarm Fob

p111ddy

Unfortunately I've lost my only key & toad alarm fob. I've called Toyota & they told me they can not get me a key code due to my car being an import but did tell me to call Japan & ask them instead lol

I know with my alarm itself I can get an additional fob & programme that in however I was speaking to a guy from G.A.P who told me what model my alarm was, just by me telling him what my previous fob looked like. He also told me it would only take a minute to programme & the immobiliser would work of it also.

So what I'm asking is,

1, has anyone had to get an additional fob & programme it (was it easy or not)

2, Does anyone know an auto locksmith that will do a call out in the Middlesex area (as the ones I've found will not)

3, Is it possible to still get a key code even though it's an import?

Thanks for any help

Have you got any of the toad paperwork?

When i had mine done they left me some info that had some important numbers on it relating to the alarm.

If you have another spare fob then that will have a number on it but i assume not if your asking this but they normally have two fobs per alarm.

Next step maybe get keron to send you a new lock set with keys?

I can supply you a set of replacement locks with 2 keys....

How much mate?

Have you got any of the toad paperwork?

When i had mine done they left me some info that had some important numbers on it relating to the alarm.

If you have another spare fob then that will have a number on it but i assume not if your asking this but they normally have two fobs per alarm.

Next step maybe get keron to send you a new lock set with keys?

Alarm came with the car but no paperwork with it so don't have anything. I have read up that I require a 4-5 digit code however the G.A.P guy told me I don't need this???

Next step may well be Keron...

Try another dealer mate. All you should need is the numbers from your plate under the bonnet.

Don't worry about your immobiliser as this will be part of the alarm.

The only thing about getting a second hand lock & key is you will need the 2 doors, boot & ignition barrel.

Try another dealer mate. All you should need is the numbers from your plate under the bonnet.

QUOTE]

Tried two that I got numbers for already but my search will carry on

This is exactly the thing I was wondering about, what if i loose my Alarm fob. I still can open the car with my spare key, only can't turn the alarm off.

I'll let you know when I do :D

This is exactly the thing I was wondering about, what if i loose my Alarm fob. I still can open the car with my spare key, only can't turn the alarm off.

If its not an immob aswel just cut the speaker

or

You will be able to find a schematic for the alarm and remove it if its an aftrermarket unit or pay an alarm fitter to do it for you if your not keen on chopping wires

If its not an immob aswel just cut the speaker

or

You will be able to find a schematic for the alarm and remove it if its an aftrermarket unit or pay an alarm fitter to do it for you if your not keen on chopping wires

Cut the speaker can be done to loose the sounds :p But, it is a immobiliser aswel, so than i still can't start the engine.

But, almost :hijack: , so back to P111ddy.

Have you tried Steve Manley for the replacement key?

I managed to get one from my local Toyota dealership after providing the chassis and model number, but it did take the parts manager a great deal of time and phone calls to Toyota Japan to get it done. I guess it's down to how interested your Toyota delaership is in helping...

Have you tried Steve Manley for the replacement key?

I managed to get one from my local Toyota dealership after providing the chassis and model number, but it did take the parts manager a great deal of time and phone calls to Toyota Japan to get it done. I guess it's down to how interested your Toyota delaership is in helping...

I've tried Steve but he can't get a key number but suggested I get the barrel out of the door then call him.

So can anyone suggest a way I can get into my car without smashing a window as I don't fancy that option tbh

PM me instead of putting it public if you don't mind?

Thanks, Michael

Have you called the AA/RAC?

They have got my car open in the past and got past stoplocks in an incredibly fast amount of time too. Wasn't a supra but sure they can do it for most cars. You'll need to prove its your car - V5 etc.

Yep, I've had the same as well by AA who had a mobile car thief come out to help unlock my car.

You lose them at home or outside?Maybe some nice persn has foung them and handed them into the police?

Lost them while I was working & no such luck with them being handed in :(

Can you get into the car?

Not sure about the alarm, but if you can get into the car, take the lock barrel from the boot (the easiest to remove by far) to a locksmiths and they can cut you a new key :)

Getting into it & taking the barrel out is my next step

I was just chating the toyota dealer over here & he said if you get your lock out the door/boot you can send it to this croud.

http://www.autokey.ie/

I know its ireland but they are suppose to be very good.

I was speaking to Steve Manley from Toyota over here & he basically said the same, part from if I get it out & sent to him he'll sort the keys for it or just find a decent locksmith in my area. Which'll be my next job after getting into it