The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi just a little help needed

Guest Lee85

Guest Lee85

i was looking to buy a supra a few months ago but decided against it untill i finished uni and i now have 1 week left so im looking for another supra. but the only problem i have is i cant afford a tt untill im 25 (end of this year) so is it worth buying a na and converting it to turbo when i turn 25? i dont want to buy a na and in a few months sell it for a tt its too much hassle. so should i wait for a tt?

Edited by Lee85 (see edit history)

Guest Lee85
buy an NA you never know you might like it and if its your first RWD car best start base anyway and can always drop in a TT engine theres always parts for sale on this site everyone is always willing to help! oh yeah welcome to the site hope it helps ya lots :D

thank for the reply yeha its my first rwd car. my mate has a na supra i might ask him to let me have a go of his but its an auto (hiss) lol :)

Don't knock an auto supra until you have had a go of one.

It may cost you more in the long run buying an n/a then converting it to tt and 6 speed. Some have done ok on the 5 speed boxes but not as strong as the 6 speed.

Try a few and see how you get on.

auto just means you have the handy kickdown which is always good for a quick burst of speed and dont forget rain, ice, snow make all the difference and we do live in england so take that into account when u think about how much power you want from a first RWD car.. not trying to put you off but it can get abit scary from time to time

Guest Lee85
auto just means you have the handy kickdown which is always good for a quick burst of speed and dont forget rain, ice, snow make all the difference and we do live in england so take that into account when u think about how much power you want from a first RWD car.. not trying to put you off but it can get abit scary from time to time

im not nocking autos there just not my cuppa tea ive drove to autos and didnt really like them. i suppose id better get a na first anyway going from a 1.8 to 3lt is a big jump enouth.

thank for the reply yeha its my first rwd car. my mate has a na supra i might ask him to let me have a go of his but its an auto (hiss) lol :)

As said dont knock the Supra's auto box... it is mint. I had a 2WD Sapphire Cosworth up until just over a year ago and the supra is a far far better car even being an auto. Go out if you can in a BPU'd TT auto.. you will not hiss then lol.

When you say you cant get a TT till your 25 I take it you mean insurance purposes?? You may be suprised that some places actually quote the TT cheaper!! I would advise to get a TT (if you have drove powerful RWD cars) if not then yes go for an N/A. Oh and dont be put off by the auto box mate. Plenty of people up your way who might take you out in a TT if you ask nicely:d

Guest Lee85

thanks for the reply everyone. yeah mostly insurance issues is there any recomended insurance companys i should try?.

for the rwd it will be the most powerfull ive drove ive driven my mates vtec crx and altezza they were both autos. i have about 3 to 4k to spend that includes insurance.

if theres anyone in huddersfield at will be willing to show me there auto supra :) but id proberly still like a manual

thanks everyone :)

thats plenty for a tidy NA aero tops are good but remember they not electric and its a f*ck on to remove and put back up hence why i have a hardtop, Elephant was the best i could find insurance wise i pay £1200 fully comp nationwide brakedown cover all the trimmings and I have 3 points for speeding and live in a high crime area (apprently)

Hey Lee

I'm in huddersfield and have an auto. If your in uni, I work Canalside West(big factory looking buildings next to the canal opposite snow island).

It doesn't come to work with me but I could take you out in if ya want...