The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension

gavin.starr

As above. The supra already has adjustable suspension. The rear can be adjusted for camber and toe in/out.

Get a geo done at a reputable place, it will not only sort out your tyre wear but your handling also.

:yeahthat:

If you are talking about suspension that is an not suspention :p

Ok cheers fellas.

I was looking into changing all the rear bushes at some point any way as they are a bit worn so thought i could change the arms at the same time but may just do the bushes instead. Is there any other alternative to powerflex as i dont really want to compromise the ride quality.

Cheers for the replies

Gav

Have you had it done yourself, ive been saving up for a while now to do it, i belive paul at whifbitz and nic on here do them cheaper than going to main dealers etc..

If you have had yours done where did you get them from, and did you replace absolutley every thing from, wishbones upper and lower, drop links etc...

Ive just bought the drop links that captain chaos was selling so i have got them to put on when they arrive.

Gav

Have you had it done yourself, ive been saving up for a while now to do it, i belive paul at whifbitz and nic on here do them cheaper than going to main dealers etc..

If you have had yours done where did you get them from, and did you replace absolutley every thing from, wishbones upper and lower, drop links etc...

Ive just bought the drop links that captain chaos was selling so i have got them to put on when they arrive.

Gav

I didnt quite replace everything but not far off, i did the front and rear all in one hit, i found it a lot less hassle to get everything from Steve Manley at Inchcape Toyota who gave me as much discount as he could.

I think the best thing to do is get it all priced up at a main dealer then see what anyone else can do.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Both Front upper arms inc nuts, bolts & washers

Both Rear upper arms inc nuts, bolts & washers

Both front lower arms inc 4 eccentric adjusters

Both rear lower arms (number 1) inc 2 eccentric adjusters, bolts, nuts & washers

Both rear lower arms (number 2) inc 2 eccentric adjusters, bolts, nuts & washers

Both rear strut rods inc new bolts, nuts & washers

The rear lower arm number 1 is the toe control arm

Approx £1800

The list on the invoices looks much bigger than above but then each item is on an individual number so there was a whole page of nuts and washers etc.

I'd already done the drop links with new TRD antiroll bars and fitted new o/e dampers with Eibach springs.

I'd have to dig through my files to find out but think the best thing is get an upto date price as a lot of Toyota parts have gone up quite a bit.

I did all mine around 01/09/2008

A pic of the main parts during fitting

DSCF0639.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Ok cheers for that.

Thats the kind of price i was expecting. Ill have a word with a few people and see what i can get them for.

Gav

No problem, if your adjusters aren't siezed up then they can be re used but a few of mine had to be cut off so i just replaced the lot, i guess they must add up to over £150 with new washers etc

I'd do the top arms first.

I replaced all my lower arms first and it made no difference - the old ones were fine. :search: It wasn't till I did the top arms that things improved.

Mine was the total opposite with the upper arms being in much better condition than the lower arms.