The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ABS and power steering problems

mustang

Following on from my thread about ABS and power steering problems - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=210087 - in short, the red MIL light and ABS lights come on on the dash when I start the car and I get minimal assistance from the power steering, after about 5mins the traction controll light starts blinking too.

The car is at checkpoint, arbroath now and they can't find anything wrong with the ps pump, and the fluid is circulating. I've heard that it could also be a faulty de-limiter, but this wouldn't affect the ABS and all this started at the same time.

I have been searching around and found this thread on the aussie SF - http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=29050

They're talking about a speed sensor located behind the odometer that alters the wave signal from the rear speed sensors before sending it to the odo and ecu, and how this can be bypassed by splicing wires as its not essential.

Wondering if anyone knows if the rear speed sensors only dictate the PS imput? Or the fronts have a say too, and wether this second speed sensor is on j-spec cars too? Does anyone have any experience of this mod being done over here?

Could faulty rear speed sensors or this thing having died be causing the symptoms I've discribed?