The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apexi RSM help needed !

far

Hi Techs - Please can you help me ? Having some weird problems with an RSM I installed into my lude.

After installation it basically powers up ok, and you are supposed to press the "mode switch" to enter into the set up mode.

Problem is instead of it allowing me to adjust the settings on the unit (eg wheel size setting etc...) it just goes nuts and flicks through all the options really really quickly and doesnt allow me to press the up / down buttons to select the setting I want.

Now them,I have set it up exactly how it should be set up with the relevent wires connecting to corresponding ecu pins APART from the "constant live" - reason why I havent is because I got the ECU diagram off the APEXI website for the new style RSM (which doesnt use a "constant live" feed like the older style one does (which is the one I have) hence it not being shown in the wiring diagram - the rest of the wiring is EXACTLY the same.

Instead I got the contant live feed directly from the battery (fused) - is this the reason why the unit is going crazy ? or shouldnt it matter where the constant live is coming from (I have a 2.5amp fuse in there)

Many thank In advance

Please help coz this is driving me nuts ! :p :thumbs:

Guest GARY GRAINGER

hello just joined today fit an RSM a little while ago but have not got the details on the setting for my supra do you no them?

Guest GARY GRAINGER

got some prob with my computer so cant download them. so need them all. my car if it matters is a 94 tt auto with 18inch wheels, if this matters for the wheel size.

No worries dude - I will get the settings you need,there is an equation you have to use to get the wheel size settings,the cylinder settings are obviously 6 the rpm start and speed start is user definable,mine is an old style RSM so doesnt have the G sensor thing,have you got Adobe dude ? I will email you the manual in PDF.

Failing that I can get screen grabs of the main parts of the manual and post up in jpeg format on here.

NOW SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE ! :p lol