The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP! My 'Veilside Vagabond' needs updating!

NOS

Hi all,

I realise that by posting this thread (especially the photos) I am leaving myself wide open to criticism which I have already experienced, but nevertheless, here goes....

I am a 'newbie' to this car scene and have bought my first performance car 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately (in the eyes of many Supra owners) it is fitted with a Veilside kit and rear ironing board!

Personally, I don't mind it too much, but I would not be adverse to changing the rear wing of the car to something a little more subtle (either stock or carbon fiber).

I am posting a few pictures (most of which I took moments ago) and I really would appreciate some feedback/suggestions regarding updating my car both inside and outside. I love it to pieces and am very happy with the purchase but I like to put my own mark on things and this Supra is no difference. I am thinking about a set of Sparco's for the front.

Thanks guys and if you must criticise, please do so constructively![OOPS][/OOPS]

Edited by NOS (see edit history)

The VS skirts are not my favourite, but are not that offensive either... The front it a Blitz isn't it? (aka the 'snowplough' :D ), they can look okay on the right car.

With the skirts and front bumper I think a TRD spoiler (without the carbon blade) would suit the overall car better than a stock spoiler assuming you are keeping the skirts, spats and front.

Other than that, looks okay really (edit, just spotted the wing mirrors, they are horrible, stock are far more tasteful and at least give decent visibilty).

If you want to refresh the interior, maybe change the dials to be the same colour (black nicer than white), and do a single colour conversion on all the lighting. Heckler supplies a blue LED kit which can transform & modernise the interior lighting.

Standard rear spoiler is all I'd be worried about getting in the short-term to be honest - the rest is down to personal taste... the wing is beyond that, it's just vulgar :)

If you must change bits why not stick with the Blitz theme and add the skirts and go wingless for an easy change to the overall look?

Never really considered going wingless. The wheels and front are Blitz. Exhaust system is Sebring which I think is pretty ok.

Sideskirts are corny but they'll do for the time being. I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the rear wing.

When was the car last serviced ? that would be my 1st priority along with a serious inspection of brake pipes, calipers, coolant hoses, etc etc

Then if it was mine i'd be removing the bodykit and selling it and putting the car back to stock or getting a more tastefull kit than whats on it at the moment.

Guest Suprastar2009

Go wingless, would look lovely on a white supra !!! :D Would also help balance the look of the car out so it wouldn't look theres so much going on, try putting your finger over the spolier in the photo to get an idea of how itd look :)

When was the car last serviced ? that would be my 1st priority along with a serious inspection of brake pipes, calipers, coolant hoses, etc etc .

Got car serviced by mechanic friend who came with me to inspect it before I bought it. It's in immaculate condition, honestly, both mechanically and body-wise. There is not a mark on the body or inside the car.

indeed, i agree that the wing is by far the most hidious thing, if wingless doesn't sound like your thing then i'd go with homers suggestion of TRD wing without the carbon blade. if you had a doluck front with carbon section then the blade would work, i may even go full carbon if you had other dark/carbon touches to compliment.

With those wheels you have the base to make a stunning Supra, they are one of the nicest mk4 wheels IMHO, you don't need any kit to make a stunning car. I'd lose the spoiler, skirts & front & replace with stock or possibly TRD spoiler and it's job sorted

I saw receipts for the Blitz wheels bought only a few months ago by vendor - 4,000 Euro!

Ok... so the rear wing must go.

What will be the price of changing this infamous wing?

I know it depends on what I go for so is it possible to go wingless for a while whilst deciding? Is it a job I can do myself, taking off the VS spoiler??

Ok... so the rear wing must go.

What will be the price of changing this infamous wing?

I know it depends on what I go for so is it possible to go wingless for a while whilst deciding? Is it a job I can do myself, taking off the VS spoiler??

yeah but you will have to cover the holes left in the boot.

Easy job, just a pull back the large plastic cover on the boot, (carefully!!), undo the 4 nuts hidden up in the lid, while a mate or two hold the spoiler. Lift it off (the last two are simple holding clips). Remove the two securing clips left in the boot lid. You'll need some stoppers or grommits to fill the 6 holes left though. Not very tidy, but will look a lot better than the ironing board.

Do not use filler on the holes unless you're getting the boot lid painted and blended!