The mkiv Supra Owners Club

part on brake caliper siezed ???? help !!! i think

supra steveo

right guys i am doing a pads change on carolines supra done the fronts no bother at all , however on the rear ive ive undone the bottom 14mm nut to allow the caliper to swing up to get at the pads and the bit it screws into isnt turning or sliding in and out ........ is it siezed ? is there any way to free it off or is it just a clear case of new caliper ?

I had this last weekend, mine was really stuck in there soak it with penetrating fluid, but withought getting a spanner on the nut and working it back and forward it wasn't going anywhere.

Actually took one side off and stuck it in the vice to work on.....

Ordered new sliders and bits, will be renewing at the weekend.

For interest, sliders are the most expensive part at a fiver each.

already got copper grease :D but my bloody mother who is a nurse has just said (at this time of night) put the wheel on, the 2ton jack will get nicked , after a 5 min arguement of its going no where and it will get nicked i though sod this i will just put the bloddy wheel on, and in the progress ive cracked an oem side skirt :angry: so now i am not best pleased with the mother, rekon she needs to stick to helping people and leave the man to deal with fixing the car his way

already got copper grease :D but my bloody mother who is a nurse has just said (at this time of night) put the wheel on, the 2ton jack will get nicked , after a 5 min arguement of its going no where and it will get nicked i though sod this i will just put the bloddy wheel on, and in the progress ive cracked an oem side skirt :angry: so now i am not best pleased with the mother, rekon she needs to stick to helping people and leave the man to deal with fixing the car his way

Ahh, my wife was like that while I was refurbing the brakes.

"Put the wheels back on, it looks unslightly" Cobblers to that, I wasn't going to be hoying the thing up and down on jacks all day just for the sake of keeping up appearances.

Then two boys on BMXs rode past and were looking at the car so she said they were going to nick it. I said "If two small boys on bikes can take away a 1500kg car with no wheels or brakes on it, they deserve to keep it".

Guest Budz86

i had to get a breaker bar on mine.ordered new sliders and took a lot of elbow grease to get the thing off but a bit of copper slip and job done

It requires lots of patience and working backwards and forwards.

Also try giving the slider a couple of smacks with a hammer.

Turning it is one thing but you need to get something to pull on it as well. It's like a cross threaded bolt, it will turn all day but if your not pulling on it, it's going no where.

Or you can just quit and get a new rail. With all the people going to aftermarket or uk brakes there must be some around.

yes i know i think the slider might be bent for some reason to, but i am seriously putting my whole wieght on it to move it, ive got one last trick up my sleave tomorrow , will be taking it to a friend of the family but if he cant remove it i think i will just look for a new carrier if not then leave the old pads in and go hunting for a UKspec brake set up