The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrid water/methanol injection

David P

I have been researching water methanol injection for N/A engines, and it would appear to be worth around 10bhp and 2mpg, no info found for torque or w/m consumption.

I am looking to install one of these systems on my N/A, but as usual, without forced induction, it is not easy for Cinderella to go to the ball.

The only unit I can find that is capable of progressive delivery for an N/A is an Aquamist kit at around £600!

Consequently, I am looking to mix and match to achieve similar results, but without the big number.

Tank, could be washer bottle, aftermarket w/m or bespoke, pipes are pipes, filters are filters and low level indicators are found in many OEM washer bottles.

Could a Supra fuel pump be used and regulated with an OEM fuel pressure regulator, a fuel injector used for spray delivery, with the AEM ECU providing progressive delivery info to the injector as a percentage of fuel delivered?

Would the petrol resistant seals resist methanol?

Input welcomed.

I enjoy the tinkering and the challenge, and these 10bhp's and extra mpg's keep adding up. :)

Should this original idea function, it would be an economic and useful system for turboholics too, surely there must be a member on here with some positive input?

I may add nitrous later, yet have other plans first, and enough half finished projects to keep me busy at this time.