The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coolant to use

jackso11

I am going to fit a top hard pipe to my rad this weekend and will give the system a flush out while I am at it.

I was going to get 4Life coolant but see a few people say it is a waste of money and just get a basic glycol based antifreeze and use that as it's a fraction of the cost and does the same job.

What is the general feeling on this? should I splash out on 4Life? or just get the Halfords coolant and pay a lot less?

Also, is the 4Life standard stuff toyota will have in stock?

Yes I know that thread, but then a quick search revealled many people think normal coolant is just as good.

I am waiting for a solid reason as to why I should splash out on the 4Life stuff. If there is one I will get it. If it is just because it changes colour then there is no point paying double.

I am waiting for a solid reason as to why I should splash out on the 4Life stuff. If there is one I will get it. If it is just because it changes colour then there is no point paying double.

If you use a-n-other coolant will you fork out for distilled water to mix it with though, or use stuff from your tap?