The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£500 but what to get?

Guest Suprastar2009

Guest Suprastar2009

Hi everyone after a bit of help really im looking at adding some extra bhp to my supra na auto and have £500 budget I already have exhaust, replacement filter and uprated spark plugs so not sure were to go next if im honest. Was also considering scrapping the tuning idea and spending it elsewere on the car any help again would be appreciated, I will go with the majority vote and then post pics of the decided mod!!! Thanks guys and Girls :p

The only worthwhile power mod you may get on your budget would be Nitrous, but refill costs are expensive, and installation costs could put it well over £500.

You may get a set of UK brakes second hand for that, which would be a huge improvement.

Sell the Supra and put the £500 towards a faster car? You should be able to pick up a tidy TT Soarer with that budget.

nothing about being anti na, but for £500 you will not get anything that will add power to an na....except a full decat if you already have a cat back.

Actually you can get a second hand cat back and a full decat for £500 I would think. That will be your best bet for power.

If you don't want to decat it, change the headlights and get some brand new facelift ones, makes the car look so much newer....but will take £400+ out of that budget.

wow, this turned into an anti n/a thread pretty quick.

Maybe replace some of those hoses on the engine with some nice silicon ones and a bit of chrome.

Not really anti-na just helping the lad put the cash in the right place na`s arent slow but theres not much you can do to them either, either save an extra £700-£800 and get a TT engine fresh from JM Imports if you want power if not just concentrate on fresh alloys, paint, service :D I`m currently getting rid of all my Veilside stuff atm

Hi everyone after a bit of help really im looking at adding some extra bhp to my supra na auto and have £500 budget I already have exhaust, replacement filter and uprated spark plugs so not sure were to go next if im honest. Was also considering scrapping the tuning idea and spending it elsewere on the car any help again would be appreciated, I will go with the majority vote and then post pics of the decided mod!!! Thanks guys and Girls :p

I should be selling my RS*R cat back exhaust early next month mate - that will make it LOUD :D

wow, this turned into an anti n/a thread pretty quick.

Maybe replace some of those hoses on the engine with some nice silicon ones and a bit of chrome.

With respect, that suggestion would probably slow it down. Even more. :)

Guest Suprastar2009

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, Im thinking the manifold and service idea is seeming to be the most suggested so far, with nitrous coming an a tempting second :p Gonna start shopping on saturday so keep the suggestions coming.......Another quick one sorry for all the questions, Anyone know any reputable Nos fitters / Manifold suppliers :)

Thanks Again and I thought id include some pics after I cleaned it this weekend mmmm shiny! :p

27217_10150165113800072_760405071_11970573_5851834_n.jpg

27217_10150165115255072_760405071_11970582_3838869_n.jpg

27217_10150165126710072_760405071_11970661_6842346_n.jpg