The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra holding back a tad????

Notts_TT

Hi

I have a j spec TT auto on a 93 and when i floor it and the second turbo comes online it seems to hold back like a heartbeat, it'll go fine for 1 or 2 seconds then a quick hold back and same again and again, this happens very evenly through out the revs upto a high speed....

Imagine when your heart beats that is the hold back, then it goes like a train again then holds?????.

No smoke that i notice, no lights on dash, it only has a cat back exhaust and is running on the cheapo premium unleadedas my lass drove it to ists and filled it with the cheap crap????

Drives great and is nice and smooth sounding when driven normally...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT...

I had much the same issue. Have you changed the O2 sensor recently? I had a non-Toyota O2 sensor fitted for about 3 months and it went like this. Got a proper Toyota one and re-placed it. Not had a problem since and mixture seems spot on.

Maybe its needs renewing or possibly cleaning? (Lemon Juice and all that) however that did not work for me.

If you have a boost leak you won't notice it unless your boosting.

Which makes it a bit of a poo to diagnose.

I was reading your first post again, your not getting one flat spot, your getting loads every 2 seconds... right?

This isn't boost leak, I'm the king of boost leak and this isn't it.

This sounds more like fueling or ignition.

If it does it every time, it should be relatively easy for a competent garage to diagnose.

Thor is in Warwick which is only an hours drive from you unless there is someone closer, who knows their stuff.