The mkiv Supra Owners Club

some pre cleaning pics and mag shoot preview pics!

L33

well my big day for japanese performance mag was friday and what a lush day it was :)

i spent 3 hours wednesday after work cleaning, and then took the day off thursday and spent a further 10 hours cleaning!!

Wash, clay, machine to remove swirls and blemishes, two coats of Collinite 476 (hard wax) followed by Chem Guys Wet Look sealant on the body

every wheel removed, washed and polished inside and out

engine bay washed, scrubed, polished

wipers all removed sanded and resprayed

windows i used auto glym resin polish instead of usual window cleaner and was amazed how much better the results were!!

couple days before my dad resprayed the front bumper to remove the lacker peel and resprayed my second hand front splitter kindly sold to me by wile e coyote

exhaust back box wash, scrubbed and polished

fmic rubed over with a scotch brite pad and polished

interior washed, hoovered and polished

tyres back to blacked and scuttle pannel back to blacked

the shoot took 5 and a half hours friday but was well worth it and seeing the pics on there camera i cant wait to see it in the mag :D feels so good all the hard work thats gone into this car has payed off!

they were a great team and i enjoyed the day!

going to ryan on thursday to try and have the first solaris fitted to a auto, should know if it works by weekend and a dyno run again :D

not sure when its going in the mag, i have to ring him after ryan has had it to see if its worked and then he will write up a draft check it with me and then sort out when its being featured!

few pics from my camera

i didnt relise i had to be in a pic :(

nope like i said mate i have to wait for them, dont think it will be next month but possibly month after

he did say one thing that made me sick tho....i asked how do they decide on a cover car for the month and he said its usually a scooby as there sales show a huge increase on the months they put a scooby on the cover!!! WTF!

he said tho if it was his way it wud be supras and skylines! one out of two aint bad lol

:) not what u no its who u no! i wanted a indoor place for the shoot as the light brings out the colours!

we done a few close ups at home, few in the indoor building, then some slow moving ones on one strech of road and then some faster moving ones on a dual carrigeway! the slow moving ones were at 30-40 mph and she hangs out her car in a bike jacket as her hips upwards is hanging out the door and almost touching the floor!!!

Guest DC5MATT

it works well on the car. maybe becaude you've kept it nice and subtle and not gone OTT. what ever it works and looks great.

what wheels are they? and specs please.... ;)

Cheers mate

Spec shud be in my garage but I'm off the comp and on my phone so I'm limited to what I can do and get my garage up to check isn't one of them lol

And the wheels I believe were off a lexus, and bought myself some toyo r888 for the back :) 265 35 18 :) wanted the show with go look, and they hold the power down so well compared to what was there before

Thing is mate I had kit on my old supra and it was a headake, couldn't go places, scraping, cracking which ur now going to relise :D

I like the stock look and thought having power before looks was more important, can't have a super car getting overtaken by novas as again I'm sure u will soon realise lmao :D

I may do some thing over winter but having the flip its such a pain tryin to repair the above problems as u can't just buy a rattle can and fix yourself! :(

I like the stock look and thought having power before looks was more important, can't have a super car getting overtaken by novas as again I'm sure u will soon realise lmao :D

nice comeback :sly: you will have to scan the feature when its done and post it up.