What colour?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What colour?

• Blue
    • Red
    • Black
    • Silver
    • Carbon Grey

Ok its a usal question asked for opinions.

Next week im refurbing the polished lips on my wheels and replacing all the rusty bolts....

While the wheels are off i might aswell redo the calipers as the paint has started to ware on them.

At the moment there batside blue to match the car, but bayside blue isnt a colour on the shelfs!

Iv used Foliatec on previous cars and have been impressed with the results so the colours that will go best is:

Red

Blue

Silver

Black

Metallic Carbon Grey

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6566/caliperpaintcolour.jpg

picture.php?albumid=226&pictureid=1579

What colour do you think i should do them in??

Iv made a poll so you dont have to leave a comment if you dont wish to, but thoughts would be appreciated.

Im thinking blue but it will be the wrong shade of blue and might stand out a lil wiard.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

personally i think carbon grey with white "supra" written on them. i helped my mate do his calipers on his GT4, Red car, white alloys, and he ended up choosing silver for the calipers...but the silver turned out a bit too chrome and bright looking in his opinion....just in case you go down that road, be careful :)

The brake dust should dull them down a bit in no time!

DSC00377a.jpg

Metallic Carbon Grey isnt available at the moe :(

I think the silver will clash with the polished lip so black would be the best blending colour!

But thing that puts me off is black is pretty dull. The are J spec barkes but as the wheels are only 17's it dosnt make the brakes look to small!

There the fronts

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/746/11082009296.jpg

And the Rears

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6416/11082009297.jpg

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Red - you want a contrasting colour that will stand out, I reckon. UK-spec brakes look as good as they perform, so why hide them away with dull colours as you would with weedy J-Specs? Be bold!

They are J spec barkes but as the wheels are only 17's it dosnt make the brakes look to small

Ahem... Foot in mouth? The first pic you posted made them look like UK-spec. Well, I thought so. I've since looked again...

Anyway. Nevermind that. I'm going to contradict myself and say still go with red. It would just look too good on a car that's as such a nice shade of blue as yours.

I reckon white or black.

The white will give you the contrast, but it will require regular cleaning to keep it looking good, and you wheels don't look that friendly to getting your hands in there.

Looks like black will be the colour of choice if it were mine, saying that you could go with purple perhaps.

Some nice Supra stickers too, will look great.

Mine are yellow and gold, but thats on white car.

Edited by Pudsey
Picture added. (see edit history)

thanks for all the responses. I 80% on the way of goin with black.

Red would be nice but i think it will really clash with the blue...

I will see what adrian thinking at my local modifying shop. I will be getting the paint from him.

Gutted the carbon metalic is out of stock, and i cant get it ANYWERE!