The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boosting problems

Guest andypandy

Guest andypandy

hey guys im having trouble with my car overboosting when the second turbo kicks in. If im in a high gear for example forth or fifth and i step on it it'll cut out approx when the second turbo comes in. But if i was to give it in the lower gears making my way up to the higher gears then it wont cut out.

can anyone help me out?:(

Guest andypandy

its stock at the moment. but its only running at 3psi which im pretty sure is below stock i think. but u cant feel the second turbo kick in when its doing 3psi. but my friend showed me how to make it faster by pulling out some pipe or putting another one in or something. he said its removing the turbo sensor. that makes it go to 5psi and thats when all the cutting out happens at high revs

I reckon you have a boost leak. I reckon your mate has put it in TTC mode by bypassing one of the VSV's causing both turbos to come on at the same time. Either that, or he has no idea what he's doing and he's fucked it up.

Click on this link to find out how the sequential system works.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35926

Click here to make sure you can put right, whatever your mate has put wrong.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35924

I would check the system for leaks. Try the intercooler first as these are known to fall apart and break down when old. Also check all you hoses and replace if necessary.

HTH

Guest andypandy

yeh he said something bout bypassing. but i dont feel the second turbo kick in when i dont bypass it but i can when i do bypass. yeh i dont think its overboosting but it does cut out when i do bypass and it gets to around 4000 rpm

im not sure why it cuts out in the higher gears but it wont cut out when i give it in all the previous gears

Edited by andypandy (see edit history)