The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Listening to Music in your Supra?

carl0s

Does anybody find that they can't listen to music in their Supra?

I can't quite put my finger on why. I don't know if it's because the car is so involving to drive or if it's because I'm not quite secure in my ability to drive such a big car easily, but I just don't seem to relax enough to enjoy music and sing along like u do.

I've just burnt Wham - the best of, and Van Halen - balance, so I'm off out now to see if it's just a change of tunes that's required.

am I just wierd? :)

I always listen to music when driving, but I know what you mean. Because if I get lost or get into a situation where I have to get through small spaces or enter a car park etc I always turn it right down or off.

I have more of a problem with the radio always being a load of rubbish and being bored of all my cd's.

I've just burnt Wham - the best of, and Van Halen - balance, so I'm off out now to see if it's just a change of tunes that's required.

:D :D FEKIN WHAM???????????????? I'd rather drive listening to the wife bleat on about shite than have wham in my ears jeeeeez mate get a grip:D :D .

never and i mean never play firestarter in ya car it made me drive mental lol

well I have to say two things have changed what I thought.

1. Wham CD. Feckin' love it.

2. New driving position - before I had the steering wheel as low as it would go and the seat low ish, now steering is two clicks up and seat more straight. Also hopefully if I loose it again I'll have a chance of doing something about it now that I'm not lying down.

:D

Much rather listen to the turbo's whistle and the sound of the exhaust.

Just bought my TT a couple of weeks ago and it came with a £1100 7" DVD Multimedia Centre - it hardly gets used.

It's hard to take the grin off my face when I go for a drive.:D :D

I was looking to get a BMW 540 manual, I'm sure it's a good car but I'm glad I got the Supe.

Maybe on the motorway or sitting in a carpark I would listen to the radio.

Originally posted by Paul -C-

Although I can't listen to dance music , cos that makes me drive faster.

Yep, I can identify with that! I've got Dave Pearce 2004 and Ibiza 2003 in my car at the moment (although I'm such a pootler it's not that much of a difference in speed :) )

In my 200SX I always used to like listening to classical music. The Planets, or Best of Classic... great for just driving serenly (sp) around to. Best of all you can pick classical CDs up for a fiver or 2.99 in WHSmith.

I always listen to music when I'm driving, although I turn it down if I can't find somewhere and get stressed.

Originally posted by peter richards

hi guys , does turning the volume down improve your eye sight then.:stupid: :cool:

I heard something about this, they reckon if you use on sense less then the others get better. so if you not listening to something, you can see things better..

Although I can't listen to dance music , cos that makes me drive faster.

Try prodigy fat of the land:D :D :D :sly:

Originally posted by Timwildman

I heard something about this, they reckon if you use on sense less then the others get better. so if you not listening to something, you can see things better..

Oh christ yes.

uhh actually I just read what you said.. don't be silly. It does adversely affect your concentration though hence turning it off when lost and stuff. Sorry I'm rather pissed hope I'm not talking shit. Any more so than normal :D

Originally posted by danlygo

So that should last just enough time for you to reverse out of your drive:innocent: , the rest of the time you can just listen to the straight six.....:thumbs:

Dan.

Young Guns,

Having some fun

Crazy ladies keep 'em on the run.

Wise guys realise there's danger in emotional ties.

See me, single and free

No tears, no fears, what I want to be.

One, two, take a look at you

Death by matrimony!

A married man? you're out of your head

Sleepless nights, on an H.P. bed

A daddy by the time you're twenty-one

If your happy with a nappy then you're in for fun.

But you're here

And you're there

Well there's guys like you just everywhere

Looking back on the good old days?

Well this young gun says CAUTION PAYS!

you gotta love it :D

Young Guns,

Having some fun

Crazy ladies keep 'em on the run.

Wise guys realise there's danger in emotional ties.

See me, single and free

No tears, no fears, what I want to be.

One, two, take a look at you

Death by matrimony!

A married man? you're out of your head

Sleepless nights, on an H.P. bed

A daddy by the time you're twenty-one

If your happy with a nappy then you're in for fun.

But you're here

And you're there

Well there's guys like you just everywhere

Looking back on the good old days?

Well this young gun says CAUTION PAYS!

See, just enough time to get off your drive...

Two turbos, a NürSpec and HKS SSQV, who needs music, just point me to a big tunnel

I just got my supra yesterday and it has a NurSpec on it :D OMG what a noise. I just had to try it thorugh a local tunnel today :) oh yeah. It sort of drowns the stereo out :)