The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm taking the plunge!!

Pero

Hey all.

I've been contemplating getting a Supra now for a long time, and I've finally made my mind up!

I've never had a turbo car before, and will be looking for a single or twin turbo. I've had some advice that the single is not really suitable for our roads here, but I will need some advice!

Great forum with lots of info!

Cheers

Pero

Cheers guys!

Not that it's any comparison, but I drive a Civic Type R at the moment, and want something quicker! I don't really want to spend loads of time and money doing the car up, so I would be happy to get something that has a good spec to begin with.

Any reason not to go for a single turbo?

Any reason not to go for a single turbo?

They cost more to buy and maintain, plus require a level of technical knowledge if you don't want the car to spend half its life off the road.

A 400bhp TT Supra (BPU) is a fast machine, and even stock Supras will out pace a lot of expensive machinery. Drive one and you'll see what I mean. The Civic will feel like a lawnmower ;)

Attero, I intent on keeping what I buy next for quite a while, so if it means I have to take it easy with a single turbo, then be it!

It will probably not be my daily commute, so it will only be a weekend car.

I haven't driven a single turbo'd Supra (one day...!), but the TT BPU is an insanely quick car. You just never get bored of the pace and the temptation to "drive it like you stole it" is a constant accompaniment to any trip! Not that I endorse that kind of stuff, of course...

Anyway... My ten pence. Enjoy the hunt!

That would be awesome mate, thanks for the offer. I live in Sutton, but that doesn't really matter. I will make a day out of it for you to take me out in your Supra.

All I know is, I want one, and I've never driven one!!

That would be awesome mate, thanks for the offer. I live in Sutton, but that doesn't really matter. I will make a day out of it for you to take me out in your Supra.

All I know is, I want one, and I've never driven one!!

You're in for quite a surprise me thinks :D

I'm in Basingstoke so I'm sure we can arrange something. Maybe a mini-meet, then you could go out in a TT too and compare the two. There's loads of us in the area.

You're in for quite a surprise me thinks :D

I'm in Basingstoke so I'm sure we can arrange something. Maybe a mini-meet, then you could go out in a TT too and compare the two. There's loads of us in the area.

Wicked! I will defo keep that in mind. Now I have to supress the uncontrollable urge to buy the next nice looking Supra I can find! :trampoline:

pero:

unfortunately i´ve also never been driven a supra (like you), but i was a co-driver in a j-spec bpu supra 2 years ago...and believe me, this is fast! ;)

i unfortunately don´t know, how fast a single turbo supra is, but i can imagine it´s incredibly fast! i would really like to know how that feels ;)