The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my 1st supra problems

Guest dominos pizza

Guest dominos pizza

Ive had my na supra now a couple of weeks and am trying to make the car perfect ,ive already learned alot using the search function on here but cant find all the answers!

I had the engine management light come on so after looking on here ive now found i have codes 24 and 42 after looking what they mean It seems 42 is something to do with the delimiter maybe or is there a speed sensor to replace?

as for 24 i dont know what to do i cant find a picture of were the intake air sensor is or a how to fix this problem??

anyone got any ideas?

Guest dominos pizza

i have an induction kit there doesnt seem to be anything obvious there has anyone got a picture of it?

the car drives fine just got the light coming on occasionaly!

Guest dominos pizza

this is all i have coming out of the induction pipe not sure if this is it or just a breather

can anyone see if im missing something?

Guest dominos pizza

ok ive found the end of were the air intake sensor goes as it was left hanging underneath the air filter and has dropped off.does anyone have one for sale or is toyota the best place to get one?

ok ive found the end of were the air intake sensor goes as it was left hanging underneath the air filter and has dropped off.does anyone have one for sale or is toyota the best place to get one?

You can buy them from Toyota but they wil be supidly expensive, Try a breaker, like keron on here. Once you plug it in, the car should run absolutely fine even with it dangling in the engine bay (allthough not an ideal solution as the ECU will add fuel when under bonnet temps get high, hence reducing performance. It looks like the intake kit you have is missing the hole for the sensor so you won't be able to fit it anyway.

However, that will not be the cause of the error 42. That's a speed sensor fault caused by a dodgy or wrongly wired speedo conversion. You'll need to pull the dash panels off and trace the wires from the speedo convertor to locate the problem. It's very common and there is a lot of people here who can help you locate issues once you get some pics up.