The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cool car to fit a 2JZ in?

JamieP

Just dreaming here.

Bored and got man-flu, started thinking i fancy a car a lot newer but with with my supra engine installed.

1000bhp 2JZ Vantage would be nice but they are still to expensive to chop up, get one cheap with a blown up engine would be nice.

Anything else take your fancy to fit a 2jz in?

attachment.php?attachmentid=108001&stc=1&d=1270995552

am.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking the same recently.

If I ever come in to some money I might consider dropping a 2jz in to a BWM X5 or alternatively the new shape Audi TT.

Might also be fun to drop one in to a Toyota Previa as a crew bus for events and finally try mounting one in to a Lancia Stratos replica.

So, something to think about there.

I'd love to see a big single in a TVR... something like a Sagaris, T350 or the like. Also, I'd like to drive a 350Z with a decent turbo engine.

Older cars, a Triumph Stag or a Capri would be fun. Even a 3-door Sierra Cosworth with a 2JZ would be different.

The Aston is a nice idea, but getting rid of that engine is a bit sacrilegious IMO... especially when there are supercharger packages out there that make big numbers fairly cheaply.

I'd love to see a big single in a TVR... something like a Sagaris, T350 or the like. Also, I'd like to drive a 350Z with a decent turbo engine.

Older cars, a Triumph Stag or a Capri would be fun. Even a 3-door Sierra Cosworth with a 2JZ would be different.

The Aston is a nice idea, but getting rid of that engine is a bit sacrilegious IMO... especially when there are supercharger packages out there that make big numbers fairly cheaply.

2JZ is a bit of a heavy lump for a tvr I would have thought?

TVR is a good shout, Cerbera with a proper engine would be cool, didnt AFR build one or am i thinking of something else?

I almost said a Cerb, but they are quite a bit flimsier than the newer, smaller Trevors. I dread to think what would happen if you stuck an 800bhp turbo motor in one :D

No idea about AFR, but if they did I'd love to see it!

2JZ is a bit of a heavy lump for a tvr I would have thought?

Depends what you're looking for. In the Cerbera for instance you have the option to mount the engine quite far back over the front axle so I'd have thought with careful planning and packaging the weight distribution wouldn't suffer too much. That's just guess work though...

As far as all-out weight goes, more power FTW! :innocent:

Have you driven one? Fantastic chassis, very controllable and impressively balanced. As you say, the engine is very asthmatic though. It is crying out for a turbo.

Never had a go in one mate.

my dad has his e-type v12 for sale jamie? lol thats a project

I want something new mate.