The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dangerousandy's UK spec stupidly cheap on ebay

Blackie

Guest Knopfler

166k miles and Auto - whats wrong with that? Most UK Spec Supra's were automatic and 166k miles shows that its reliable. If its been properly serviced then a 2JZ engine is good for 200k +

Too many people expect a UK Spec 6-Speed with 20k miles and one old lady owner for £1500. Dream on!

166k miles and Auto - whats wrong with that? Most UK Spec Supra's were automatic and 166k miles shows that its reliable. If its been properly serviced then a 2JZ engine is good for 200k +

Too many people expect a UK Spec 6-Speed with 20k miles and one old lady owner for £1500. Dream on!

Hey Andy:)

We're just saying that's the reason it's cheap, it's not a dig. Nothing wrong with the car as far as I can see, it's honestly priced at least.

Hey Andy:)

;)

lol busted

Guest Knopfler
We're just saying that's the reason it's cheap, it's not a dig. Nothing wrong with the car as far as I can see, it's honestly priced at least.

I know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with it as I have owned it for the past 3 and half years! It may be high mileage, but it is in better shape than most other Supra's I have seen with less than half the miles on the clock.

I know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with it as I have owned it for the past 3 and half years! It may be high mileage, but it is in better shape than most other Supra's I have seen with less than half the miles on the clock.

Statements like that always make me laugh.

Only as a 3rd party would a statement like that ever be considered.

MY car is as good as cars with half its mileage......that I have seen. So open its hilarious. Can you name names... or cars that you have seen other than this one.... this one time... that you don't really recall? It sounds like "lookie lookie, you buy watch. It genuine fake rolex, I sell you for 5 euros". The guy clearly wants to sell it and will say anything to do so.... would anyone else backup his claims though? I genuinely believe people would have better things to say about my car than I would, that is because I am brutally honest though.

Edit: Just thinking out loud again. Look at Jamie P's car (yawn, fanclub, yawn). IIRC it was Jake that sold it to Jamie. Check out the information that Jake gave, and the condition that the car was actually in. If anything Jake undersold the condition of the car to make sure that whoever bought her was under no illusions, and in all honesty got a surprise to the general condition.

Just out of curiosity, how many of Jurgens imported cars (regardless of age) is this better than?

For 5k you are either underselling it... or there is something wrong. The fact that you are known for being shady on this forum alone speaks volumes to anyone who knows your history....... let alone your cars.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Why do you not advertise it on here if you own it?

Guest Knopfler
Statements like that always make me laugh.

Only as a 3rd party would a statement like that ever be considered.

MY car is as good as cars with half its mileage......that I have seen. So open its hilarious. Can you name names... or cars that you have seen other than this one.... this one time... that you don't really recall? It sounds like "lookie lookie, you buy watch. It genuine fake rolex, I sell you for 5 euros". The guy clearly wants to sell it and will say anything to do so.... would anyone else backup his claims though? I genuinely believe people would have better things to say about my car than I would, that is because I am brutally honest though.

Edit: Just thinking out loud again. Look at Jamie P's car (yawn, fanclub, yawn). IIRC it was Jake that sold it to Jamie. Check out the information that Jake gave, and the condition that the car was actually in. If anything Jake undersold the condition of the car to make sure that whoever bought her was under no illusions, and in all honesty got a surprise to the general condition.

Just out of curiosity, how many of Jurgens imported cars (regardless of age) is this better than?

For 5k you are either underselling it... or there is something wrong. The fact that you are known for being shady on this forum alone speaks volumes to anyone who knows your history....... let alone your cars.

OK where should I start.......... If you want me to name other peoples cars, then my good friend Shane (silversoop) had a '98 VVTi 6-speed TT that was constantly breaking down. He had numerous gearbox issues and even he will admit that his Supra spent more time being fixed than it did on the road. It was in lovely condition mind you.

My Supra still drives like a 'new' car (as as I work with brand new cars everyday I should know a thing or two about them) and seeing that I am a fully qualified mechanic I can also tell when something is not quite right with a motor. Apart from the stonechips and a small bit of rust near the rear window on the tailgate, the bodywork is in excellent condition - yet alone considering she is 15 years old - and much better than Rob and Kayla's silver NA (which is roughly about half the mileage).

As for you being honest, and me being "shady" well thats your opinion!!! From what you have written IMHO you are a co*ksucker and so far up certain people's backsides you may have forgotten what daylight is.

£5000 is a reasonable starting price for a UK-Spec Supra, regardless of miles/condition as it would break for more than this. I am not underselling it at all because at the end of the day its a 15 year old motor that guzzles fuel like it is going out of fashion. I am sure that someone will see the potential in her and give her a good home.

OK where should I start.......... If you want me to name other peoples cars, then my good friend Shane (silversoop) had a '98 VVTi 6-speed TT that was constantly breaking down. He had numerous gearbox issues and even he will admit that his Supra spent more time being fixed than it did on the road. It was in lovely condition mind you.

My Supra still drives like a 'new' car (as as I work with brand new cars everyday I should know a thing or two about them) and seeing that I am a fully qualified mechanic I can also tell when something is not quite right with a motor. Apart from the stonechips and a small bit of rust near the rear window on the tailgate, the bodywork is in excellent condition - yet alone considering she is 15 years old - and much better than Rob and Kayla's silver NA (which is roughly about half the mileage).

As for you being honest, and me being "shady" well thats your opinion!!! From what you have written IMHO you are a co*ksucker and so far up certain people's backsides you may have forgotten what daylight is.

£5000 is a reasonable starting price for a UK-Spec Supra, regardless of miles/condition as it would break for more than this. I am not underselling it at all because at the end of the day its a 15 year old motor that guzzles fuel like it is going out of fashion. I am sure that someone will see the potential in her and give her a good home.

Mate, you screwed a decent guy out of money. I don't think you will find anyone on this forum that I haven't pissed off at one time or another. I take no prisoners, I am honest and I tell it as I see it. Sometimes that is my downfall.

I personally wouldn't buy from you knowing your history. I doubt you will be a member for very long but I do wish you will with your ventures.

Comparing a brand new Supra to a brand new car would need a lot of blow as a buffer so the fact that you spouted that saying you are a professional says even more. The Supra is comparible to cars far newer than it?? Unless you are talking POS

Oh, my 2nd car is a Focus and my 3rd car is a 106gti. The feel of the focus to drive is far more modern/refined than the Supra. The Focus isn't as precise or direct as the Supra but you see the years of technology and refinement that it has over it. The 106 is just French crap. IMHO the focus is ahead of its time though. Cars are still trying to live up to it.... including the new Focus.

Good luck with your sale. Good idea not trying it on here.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)