The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mad speedo?

dr_jekyll

after fitting my new gearbox my speedo has gone crazy?

if im in 3rd gear and i floor it it flyes upto 180mph and then boinces around abit, if im driving sensibly it stays pretty normal .

i know its probably a faulty speed sensor or speedo converter , but my only question is, when the speedo sees 180 will this trigger the limiter . so if i was in 4th with my foot down and the speedo hits 180 will the limiter kick in ?

or its ther a seperate programme in the ecu that regulates that regardless of the speedo?

Very interesting as mine does exactly the same thing since having a new motor fitted.

I was told to check to ensure the bolts on the speedo were done up correctly or as you have mentioned, the converter needs replacing.

dose yours hit the speed limiter, mines not driving properly on full throttle now seems to hesitate a bit and my afrs are all showing rich ,

might not be conjoined with the mad speedo butr seems straige how it happend together,

i will unbolt the old speed sensor from my old box and swap them and see if that helps first i think