The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is my suspension too high?

Homer

As title really, just after some opinions on it from people that have not seen the car 1st hand.

It's difficult to judge when it's it's your own car and see the thing every day, but I think this looks too high (aesthetics apart)

The suspension height hasn't been changed (to my knowledge) since it was a single turbo auto, which I expect had a lot more weight in the car. It's got Tein adjustable coilovers, which are about 1.5-2 inchs above their lowest setting. The wheels are stock 17's and stock tyre size

Opinions?

attachment.php?attachmentid=107996&stc=1&d=1270936155

Supra new roof off.jpg

Looks about a half inch high at the front to me in comparison to stock. The rear looks a little bit higher than stock but not as much.

I think you could cut an inch off the front and a half inch off the rear to have it looking good but still be useable.

Thanks gents, that mostly confirms what I'd thought - that the front is an inch (give or take) too high compared to stock

With the Tein's, wouldn't it be normal for it to be a bit lower than stock ride height though? I.e. about -10mm out of the back and -30mm or more out of the front as it looks now?

Do tein have different part numbers for na setups as the weights are different?

I'd have thought the spring rates are differrent between NA and TT, but have no idea of the tein specs & options, especially back when these were made (Tein HA's). They're from a TT so expect the front ones are too highly sprung for the NA engine and box.

After seeing yours, I can only assume mine is a few foot too high? I'm running stock suspension as far as I'm aware, 235/45/18 and 275/35/18 on the back. Its very stiff to, hardly moved with me jumping up and down on either corner.

DSCF0121.jpg

Yeah, I would say to high (not by much though) at the front as well Darryl, have a look in my garage, there's a couple of pics on the flat and I am running standard height on yellow billies.

I take it, you haven't just dropped it off a jack:innocent:

I hope to see you in this at Japfest;)

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Thanks again guys. After comaring it to a couple more NA's today, it seems to be a about 1/4 inch too high at both the front and rear.

However, tried to lower it today without sucess, see other thread for that :(

What does it look like when you're sat in it Darryl :innocent:

Shut it you!! :D

A little lower

I hope to see you in this at Japfest;)

hehe, yeah, I'll put it on for Japfest ;)

Personally i think it looks awful and you should swap it with my NA ;)

After driving it today, that's actually quite tempting ;) Got sunburnt today just sitting in your garden so maybe an aero isn't the best for me :innocent: