The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon wrapped my dash [pics]

Dave

well its taken me best part of a week, with the top panel being the most difficult, but it hasent come out to bad. dont know if to spray some shine on it or leave as is

cost me about £40 to do. :cool:

just need some dial rings and some heater control rings etc to bling it up

10042010077.jpg

10042010078.jpg

10042010079.jpg

05042010075.jpg

Looks good and it is a take your time job.... your ashtray... the pattern is going in the opposite direction... intensional?:D

no gonna re-do that tomorrow

i was going to do inside the rear lights but i need facelifts as the others look too difficult and wouldnt show much effect

Edited by Dave (see edit history)

Nice work! How did you get around the ignition key area? That bit drove me NUTS when I was trying to do this ... and I mean TOTALLY nuts!!

I was using the 3M stuff with the adhesive on the back already ... heat it up with a hairdryer and it's really malleable, but the ignition beat me!

Cheers, J

p.s. Just noticed you did exactly the same as me and got the 'slope' of the weave going the opposite direction to the other panels on the area that surrounds the dials :D. You don't really notice it though unless you know about it :p

Nice work! How did you get around the ignition key area? That bit drove me NUTS when I was trying to do this ... and I mean TOTALLY nuts!!

I was using the 3M stuff with the adhesive on the back already ... heat it up with a hairdryer and it's really malleable, but the ignition beat me!

Cheers, J

yeah that bit was a PITA its not as perfect as i would have liked but i got it in the end

I was so annoyed that I couldn't get it 100% perfect, that I just cut a circle out for the ignition in the end :p

it makes a difference where you start if you start on the difficult shapes you can easily stretch it over the flat bits,im defo going to do another one should be better next time lessons learned and all that.

cheers spike how did you find the ignition side and the top panel took me ages

Edited by Dave (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...