The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My radiator has just gone :(

jon5698

Well everything has been going well with the car, managed to get it up to BPU ready for ryan to fit my AEM fic next month, when just as i got home i heard a loud bang.

Didn't know what it was and after looking round the car heard a hissing noise from the engine bay. I lifted up the bonnet and seen a nice big split in the front of the radiator :(

I am going to go for an upgraded koyo or fluidyne one, can anyone recommend the best place to get one from? i have done a search but all the posts are all from 2008 etc.

Sorry for the picture quality, it is from my phone.

A stock new toyota one will be more than enough.

I had one of them ebay £150 52mm ali rads from china or somewhere and that did have an improvement on my GT4 but the rad caps supplied was pants and they are not the best fit.

For bpu OEM is more than good enough unless you want some bling

Damn right you can complain? 15 years??? Back in my day they were made from hardened kryptonite and if they didn't last at least 100 years they got sent back under warranty.

This country has gone soft, I'll tell you. Have you seen the size of a pack of bloody quarterbacks now? It's a disgrace.

Damn right you can complain? 15 years??? Back in my day they were made from hardened kryptonite and if they didn't last at least 100 years they got sent back under warranty.

This country has gone soft, I'll tell you. Have you seen the size of a pack of bloody quarterbacks now? It's a disgrace.

:rlol:

Sorry dude.

Its one of those issues people seem to argue about.

The copper stock ones that (i think) have less fins and are cheeper.

or

The ally ones that dont conduct heat as well as copper and have more fins but are twice the price.

After my ally one blew in prety much the same way (along the top). It was shiny. but not double the price shiny! I pm'd a few people on here i trust that know what they are talking about and didnt just want to sell me a shiny "uprated" item and went for stock.

But like i say... someone will probably come and say thats all a load of balls :p