The mkiv Supra Owners Club

99+ fuel and dodgy motors in Greece

paul mac

just got back from said and was utterly amazed to find the Shell garages selling something called "V-power racing 99+" with a big picture of Herr Shumacher on it, i am presuming this is octane rating, for about 65p a litre, if so its a disgrace, and i'me preparing to write to my MP as we speak, it must be so they can make the most of all their fast motors, which were as follows~

1 merc (amg ?)

2 bmw (m series)

1 911 porka

1 scooby

2 s13 200 sx

and it was'nt like i was in the sticks all the time the porka was seen in thessalonika, i did momentarily think of moving to Greece to take advantage of the higher ron rating but then decided any performance boost would be negated by

A) their worn out roads being like glass and the resultant loss off traction.

B) the heat

C) mopeds driven by idiot tourists getting in the way

On a more brighter note i wish i'de taken the digi camera to post some of the automotive fashion faux par's, highlights including several cars with stuck on bonnet vents (just a sticker, totally non-functional) one of which the stickers were totally pissed, a boot spoiler held on with wood screws (one screw would'nt go in properly so looked like it had been hammered over), but the best was an red opal manta fitted with a body kit and various bits and bobs from his mums kitchen cupboard that looked like a cross between knight rider and thunderbird 4, the poor car looked like it wanted to be put out of its misery but the George Michael look- alike driving it thought he was the dogs, perhaps we could start a gallery for these kind of car crimes, lastly the airbus A320 could'nt half accelerate wonder what the 0-100 on one of them things is, power to weight must be impresive

Hi Paul, how's it going mate?

I was just wondering what happened to you the other day when I was lookng for something and I found my old speedo face, you helped me out with a 180mph one ages ago, remember?

Yeah Greece is not really the place for a Supra is it, at least not the parts I've been to.

That 99RON petrol would be nice though.