The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Petrol cap area - Dent removal

JS2004

Just a quick question regards to the rear area of the car, around the petrol flap. (not sure if this is called the rear wing?)

If I were to take the wheel off, can I get behind that panel to knock a dent out from the inside?

Ive had a feel / look around the rear wheel arch and it looks like its sealed up, but I dont know if that part can be taken off.

Basically im trying to figure out if I can remove the crease thats been on my car since I bought it. It was caused the night before I was due to buy it, and the seller was supposed to fix it as part of the deal - but changed his mind.

I would take it to a bodyshop but im convinced the last time I went there I was overcharged a fair whack.. and im not 100% happy with the result either.

I can get some pics if that would help - its been an eyesore for a long time and now the weather is better I want to sort it.

Additionally if I do take it to a bodyshop I think it would help if I "knew" what I was talking about so the quote isnt astronomical again..

Cheers

I'd like some information on this as well so will checking this thread. I also have a small crease at the back quarter panel of the car which I would like to take out, I do believe you would need to get off the plastic trim to access it but not sure.

I think the plastic trim does need to come out, but not sure how..

I have had the boot panels out (from inside the boot) - but until I install my new struts I cant work around much inside the boot.

I want to see if it will just pop out, and the it will be a case of trying to get the paint damage fixed - the paint hasnt been cracked, but there is a speckled white horizontal line at the center of the crease.

I am assuming it a jack up, wheel off, plastic trim bit out and then push from inside type of affair.. but just for bodywork the garages / bodyshops round here go "ohh import.. pricy".. as if import makes much difference to the bodywork.. =/

I had a dent removal company out to do one there when i reversed in to my garage....He drilled a small hole through the plastic cover and used an array of fancy prong things to it out, cost £80.

I wouldnt fancy having a go at that myself because of how curved the panel is, the chap had a strange measuring tool to make sure he got it exactly the right angle.