The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hellooo

Guest valver7

Guest valver7

hello there thought i'd join the site as im putting a 2jzgte into a PS13 for drifting and i will probs come across some problems that i can pick your brains ! haha

site is pritty cool ive been on for 4 hours already reading !

:)

Matt

Guest valver7

there she is ! doing loads of work to it at the moment, and after blowing my SR20DET motor up drifting time to upgrade, gunna go for around the 500bhp mark ! heard it easy with these engines ! :)

480.jpg

Guest valver7

thats a good thread thanks for the link ! i'm gunna go fully forged use single turbo hopefully a bit less lag but capable of around the 500bhp, just starting to look around for the parts ! i work away so going to order everything and when i get back build it up ! im in need of a engine wiring loom, so far its proving hard to find one !

speak to Keron on here, he'll be able to help with things like looms etc etc.

This 500bhp you're after, there's no need for a forged/built engine end with that power figure. I'd say the stock setup is capable of handling that power. Check out JamieP's car, or Chingy's Do-Luck car, both of them have over 500bhp on stock internals. Save your money and use the stcok motor. Build it if you manage to blow it up.

Guest valver7

thanks for the advice ! i heard they were strong motors but wasnt sure about bhp on stock internals.

i will pm him now see if he has anything ! is keron his user name ?

thanks, matt

Guest valver7

ive sent an email hopefully get one from him ! thanks for the help guys !

i did buy a 1JZ but then figured mite aswel go for the 2JZ :)

Guest Mickydojoh

Hey hey Matty.

Id stick with the 1j personally mate. Cheaper and well capable of 500

Keep me posted on what you get up to with the ol girl. I sold your old skyline engine on to that guy at crail in the end

Mick

Guest valver7

hey Mick hows it goin mate ? i heard that the 1jz revs better but its finding parts for them ! im still in too minds, if i put the 1JZ in the drift car im gunna build the 2JZ and buy a supra try get some crazy power !

still got the chaser ?

Matt

Guest Mickydojoh

Yea still got it mate. I wouldnt recommend the HX though as its too laggy for dori action. HKS GT3037 would be a better bet man and more than enough power to spin up the back wheels