The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i hope my new supra

Whitesupraboy2

well i went to have a look at a new supra i am looking at buying.

It is a Single turbo conversion, pumping out about 450BHP so small single. Veilside titanium exhaust..much much more

i will be getting a full spec next week.

it will be at rotorstock, black veilside, aftermarket bonnet

Purple cam cover

anyway before i get 2 carried away this is at the top end of what i was looking at. On a single turbo what should i look for engine wise. As was hopeing to have spare cash after buy, incase turbo's go etc....

Better injectors etc....

I understand be easier when i post up the spec of the motor, but how easy would it be to upgrade to bigger turbo. or is it a case of post the spec and then u all will speak :p

they asking around 16K it does look lovely, just seeing what insurance says to a single! :gulp:

im sorry, but it is lovely, i really like the look of it, just bit worried of it being a single turbo, when iget the full spec i will post to see what dude and others think. If im getting it ill have to be quick his jap imports fly off his for court, he also got a nice skyline GTR.

If im gonna have it,will be by end of june as my renewal is due then

Lets say i have found a loop around on the insurance front. Im sorry i cant share it as it is a case of....

not what you know but who you know

Will have a spec next week wit a pic to show u, its gorgeous! Guy at first thought i was a kid just looking,but explained i have one already and he realised i was looking for upgrade,bit dissapointed it just aint a TT, but will wait for spec sheet and see what the general feel is for it

but like i said top of my price range so no money left for when things go wrong....so im very wary :(

DB, then we will see who is fastest :D....in a straight line :p

Unlucky mate. I wish i could help but im hopeing i get this all sorted in time if i dont i wont be having this car. Also i have to drive it yet if i dont like the feel of it i wont be having it either.

If the power is too much i will reluctently say no. I want to be able to drive, not be feed through a spoon

U want to get in contact with a Managering director of a insurance company....trust me ;) it brings the insurance much better with their discount!

whats the damage then, how much it going up?

Guest Usmann A

Is it a T56 equipped one? HKS 3037 I presume?

If it is, sounds like a nice one, very streetable, should outspool that ol' 67 of dudes ..... ;) :D

Sounds nice. :)

Usamann he went through telling me what it is but totally jumped my mind, i had nothin to right down details on, asked did he have spec list but not one done at moment, but gonna pop in next week to get it, i already know it running standard cams, so still some upgrades i could do which i like sound of :D

Without a spec i feel im asking stupid question,when i have spec next week will do a new thread

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Oh only an extra £70 odd for the remaining month and a half and then nearly double the old premium for renewal.

you'll be paying more then me if i get a TT then...how ironic :D

If i keep the NA i will be paying the same roughly as i am not willing to abuse someone's position for sake of couple 100 quid.

Suspect steel head gasket

Whats that all about?? Do they suspect that there is a steel gasket or do they think the steel gasket it suspect??

I saw this advertised and thought hmm nice. Also thought nice price tag. It will need a tad more looking after ie servicing and maintainance than your current ride.

Originally posted by CJ

The car was at Rotorstock today and wasn't particularly impressive. It ran in the high 12's if i remember correctly. :(

But remember, if it's a single and it's 'only' pushing 450 bhp, that's pretty much a minimum, as opposed to the stock twins, where 450 bhp is pretty much maximum!

I think the guy buys them and then tarts them up to a reasonable condition.

I went to look at an RX-7 they had with a single turbo and about 450 BHP. It was tatty but he said he was going to get the bits sorted on it before it was sold.

I think he just buys cars that he likes and sells them on after a while. More of a hobby.:)