The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

Guest Torquemadder

Guest Torquemadder

Hi peeps, I'm back again. I let my membership lapse a while back and when I tried to log in again there is no record of my old membership!

Anyway I still have the old girl, a '93 Supra TT UK spec with Blitz Nur spec zorst, FCD, Blitz boost controller and Apexi cone filter. It is red but not the usual Supra red which I asked for when I got a respray a few years ago. They painted it SUPER red which is a later Toyota colour. I didn't mind tho cos its a nice bright red like the Supra they used in the adverts way back when.

She hasn't been driven over the winter as I had a close encounter with an electrical junction box, knocking it flat, damaging the paintwork on the bumper and pushing the drivers side wing back a few millimetres causing the door to bend the wing in when I tried to open it. Oh and I was standing in front of the car checking the play in the throttle cable when it started rolling forward. Almost ran myself over! I had neglected to put the car in Park and the handbrake wasn't on properly. Put it down to a senior moment.

I have been off work this week so managed to straighten the wing with judicious use of a scissor jack and piece of plywood wedged inside the wing and today I removed the bumper and started stripping the paint with nitromors because it was cracked.... All 7 layers of it! :-S I've gone through a litre of nitromors and only stripped the centre section between the lights! Headed down to B&Q and bought another 2 litre tin so going to get stuck in tomorrow again and hopefully have it undercoated and first few topcoats laid on by the end of the day. Praying for a sunny day :-)

Dave

Edited by Torquemadder
added pics (see edit history)