The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 18" Size Wheel Ordeal! Help please!

Crockett512

Right,

I'm having a right nightmare looking for wheels. I've got a 1997 SZR which came with UK brakes. The wheels fitted have got those awful / dangerous metal spacer plates (not hubcentric) and so the rears aren't fitted on the spigots.

My other thought is that the rears seem to sit too much inside the arches, so I'm looking for some more aggressive offset wheels. I have standard arches, and so want to avoid rubbing, whats the biggest I can fit?

I've searched through 10's of threads on the subjects, but the offsets are confusing the hell out of me, from what I understand:

Front: 18 x 8.5 et35

Rear: 18 x 9.5 et35 or et38

Would fit ok, or can more aggressive wheels (10" Rears, different offsets etc) fit in standard arches? For reference, I've been looking at Rota or Ultralite wheels for the time being.

Searching for new wheels is a nightmare! I don't know what will suit, the car is gunmetal, and I've got grey wheels, I'm thinking Black wheels with yellow calipers. Any advice on correct sizes would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

i've got ultralite atecII's in black, red lip, 8.5x18 et 35 front, rears are 9.5x18 et35.....anything with a smaller offset i.e. less than 35 on the rear would require the arches being rolled. if you went to 10x18 rear, the offset would have to be et45, which would keep the outside of the wheel the same, but push the inner rim 15 mm closer to the suspension.

Really grateful you posted this Crockett, I am sharing your troubles.. Life was so much easier with a jap spec lol Thanks for the replies Jamie and shh too, they really help .. have to say Whifbitz have been really helpful too.. And Johnnyg .. even if that bit of being helpful must have been by accident :p lol Thanks everyone :)

Edited by purplewitch (see edit history)