The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garret T4?

Oddball87

You might want to be a bit more specific mate. If you're going single in the summer as you mentioned in the other thread, you NEED to do a lot of research before starting out. There are some great threads on what's involved with a single turbo conversion on the Supra, have a search and see.

Isnt T4 the flange type, ie frame size, there are lots of T4 based units in all sorts of sizes.

Yup, must be 200 different T4 garret turbos,

If you want garret and T4 fitting for 600bhp looks towards there T04z or GT4088, if you want a bit more scope for later then maybe a GT4094.

Thanks for the advice lads the turbo i am going for is the

GT4088 BB, ECU Link G4 Just wanted to no if anyone is runing one? yes i will be keeping the power down untill i get a 6 speed or uprated auto box dont no which one would be the best to go for. thanks

Thanks for the advice lads the turbo i am going for is the

GT4088 BB, ECU Link G4 Just wanted to no if anyone is runing one? yes i will be keeping the power down untill i get a 6 speed or uprated auto box dont no which one would be the best to go for. thanks

Id go with a syvecs over a link ecu, I was told a heap of reasons why its better, just cant remember any of them now, Maybe Ryan will see this.

Funny how everybody has a pop @ the Link ECU compared to the Syvec, they're both 32bit prosessors and share most if not all the same features in a different layout. Has anybody actually fitted the 2 ECUs to the same car and come to the conclusion the syvec is so much better than link or is it all just a sales pitch?? Go figure

Id go with a syvecs over a link ecu, I was told a heap of reasons why its better, just cant remember any of them now, Maybe Ryan will see this.

unfortunately the syvecs only has closed loop boost control in the software over the linkG4 extreme...

so what are you going to say when they add this to the firmware?.

i personally am using the linkg4 extreme on my own car. and recently fitted one to europes fastest/most powerful 2rotor RX7. the impey rxmotors car..

and then there was some chat about no safety features.. which is ironic.. since you could trim boost against the temperature of your forehead if you wanted...

its idiocratic to say the svyecs is the best ecu etc... tbh for a mid power supra an AEM will more than suffice.. (autobox control)

when your trying to absolutely fine tune every parameter then the high end ecus have it.. but for the run if the mill builds (500-600hp) most ecus are more than capable.. as has been proven many times in the states via people with stock ecus and fuel controllers.. its a bodge.. but it works.. and the average joe isnt looking to find the last .5hp. they want driveability, economy, and a car that ultimately works always.

sorry for the rant..

Which G4 were you looking into, the Xtreme, Storm or a plug-in unit, although I dont see a MKIV plug-in available.

there is no mkiv plug in.. (shame) since everyone is having the syves inserted deeply there is no call..

the storm is a nice budget ecu.. good for mild tune 4cyl. no on board knock control..but the ability to run the g4 knockblock.. (but hold fire... how many people have a powerfc??? lots and lots... )

the extreme is for up to 8cyl seq ign and inj.. with in built peak and hold drivers.. (working nicely on the bosch indy's on the rx7) and on board window'd individual cyl knock control.. more outputs/inputs than you could ever want etc etc.

i know everyones battering on about having steering inputs for traction control/ride height etc.. yet does the average supra owners realise the extra cost of these sensors? and do they want them on a road/track car.. no.

the link software is pleasing to the eye. simple to use. and end user/customer friendly.. you need this if the car is miles from you.

i know everyones battering on about having steering inputs for traction control/ride height etc.. yet does the average supra owners realise the extra cost of these sensors? and do they want them on a road/track car.. no.

Yes. If I'm putting down 500+ bhp I want the best traction control strategy I can get!

If I'm spending £10K plus on a turbo install and / or £7 - 8K on an engine build, then £300 or £400 quids worth of sensors that ultimately give you more performance, is small fry.

the link software is pleasing to the eye. simple to use. and end user/customer friendly.. you need this if the car is miles from you.

I think the 'customer friendly' software GUI is both a good thing, and the worst thing possible. It's fine if you're competant and know what you're doing. It can be fatal if you don't but are bewildered by nice coloured graphs and displays. It's not windows 7 where you have to ask 4 times to throw something away.

Don't get me wrong, I was amongst the first proponents of AEM ECU's for the Supra in the UK and was mocked by quite a few "tuners" on here about it at the time but persevered with it for about 6 years I think it was, so I know how good they are.

The way I see it, is you obviously map AEM and Link ECU's. Ryan obviously has the Syvecs end of the market covered, and you're both going to try to sell your own products. No problem, but I think until you either get trader status or leap through the usual forum hoops then I think you need to keep your sales pitch out of threads.

Yes. If I'm putting down 500+ bhp I want the best traction control strategy I can get!

If I'm spending £10K plus on a turbo install and / or £7 - 8K on an engine build, then £300 or £400 quids worth of sensors that ultimately give you more performance, is small fry.

I think the 'customer friendly' software GUI is both a good thing, and the worst thing possible. It's fine if you're competant and know what you're doing. It can be fatal if you don't but are bewildered by nice coloured graphs and displays. It's not windows 7 where you have to ask 4 times to throw something away.

Don't get me wrong, I was amongst the first proponents of AEM ECU's for the Supra in the UK and was mocked by quite a few "tuners" on here about it at the time but persevered with it for about 6 years I think it was, so I know how good they are.

The way I see it, is you obviously map AEM and Link ECU's. Ryan obviously has the Syvecs end of the market covered, and you're both going to try to sell your own products. No problem, but I think until you either get trader status or leap through the usual forum hoops then I think you need to keep your sales pitch out of threads.

i dont sell them. im not a trader...

for me if a driver needs vast tc input to cure over zealous driving then they should think about whether the car is overpowered for their ability. and consider minimising power until the driver is on top of the car..

the link software allows partial locking of the map.

unfortunately the syvecs only has closed loop boost control in the software over the linkG4 extreme...

so what are you going to say when they add this to the firmware?.

You need to wake up if you are trying to compare a syvec to a link!! I hope you know where the syvecs board originates from!!

Full Traction control using indiv wheel speeds

Built in scope

Fully configurable on board Data logging with individual choice of logging channels and frequencies

Fully configurable knock control

Closed loop knock control.

3d PID mapping for anything closed loop! (worse thing about the LInks)

Cal Switch support for up to 8 maps

Limp Map for when an error occurs

Configurable Can outputs for allowing customers to run aftermarket dashs unlike the Link that run those crappy displays with the worst screens ever!

Fully 3d linearisation for any input

Closed loop 4d mappable boost control for phase and antiphase setups.

Built in wideband Lambda support

I could go on and on but the best bit is they are a UK company so next day hardware support unlike Link!