The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ryan done the business again

jevansio

Just a quick post to let out how happy i am with the car after tonight.

Basically after the episode with my head I was waiting for a chance to let Ryan have a look over the car. I did some AEM logs and noticed I was running pretty lean 12-12.5 and my EGTs were higher than usual (975+).

Obviously I was keen to get Ryan in to make the car safe again. I still took the chance to get a power figure from my Perfomance Box and it showed 500rwhp (probably the highest the thing has shown to date).

Well I met up with Ryan tonight & he did his stuff. Started by pulling the boost right back (I was a bit worried as he never told me & I thought I'd popped a pipe off :D). We spent a fair bit time up & down the A1 and eventually got it upto 1.6BAR.

The car feels like it's never felt before, I used to do my power runs in 3rd gear, but 3rd was just spinning (with RLTC pulling power) even when the tyres were fully warm in the dry, 4th was the gear to get a clean pull & it showed 530rwhp (and that wasn't even a pull to the redline)

I'm so happy with the performance of the car, esp now it's richer than before and the EGT's are down from dangerous 975+ to barely over 900. The spool on the T67 is perfect with full boost not long after 3.5k and pulling strong to over 7k.

Ryan, this is a big personal thanks as this last map is a total gem :thumbs:

Nice J :cool:

Took off like a missile!

It feels like I'm hanging off the steering wheel in 4th gear ;D

I feel your pain, must be worse in yours though, mine is fully dynamatted and that keeps the noise down loads in the car, cant even hear my twin pumps.

I'm redoing the interior after removing the do-luck rear tension set, will be getting the screamer reroute option shortly (which will give the biggest drop in noise) & the bigger silencer will prolly be the final piece of the quiet jigsaw